Chapter 5

<Your POV>

Right now, we were in a room at the hospital. Conan is laying on the hospital bed unconscious. I'm in Kogorou's lap trying to find some warmth while Kogorou is rubbing my back in a comforting manner which I am grateful for. There's also Ayumi, Genta, Mitsuhiko and professor in the room. Inspector Megure and Inspector Shiratori are both waiting outside the room.

After a while, a groan came from Conan as I look at him to see his eyes are moving. I jump out of Oji-san lap and to the bedside. He then opens his eyes seeing all of us around him.

Ayumi : Conan-kun, you're awake!

Genta : Conan, are you okay?

He then looks around in confusion.

Conan : Where is this?

Kogorou : The hospital! Conan! What the hell is going on?

Agasa : Now, now....

Oji-san ask angry at him. Before anything could happen, professor refrain him from going to Conan. As for me, without saying anything, I just went ahead and hug him, but not too tight since I don't want to hurt him. I can feel he tense up for a while before relaxing and hugging me back.

Conan : I'm fine Erena....

Erena : No, you're not. You should've not taken the hit for me. or else you wouldn't be here....

Conan : Yeah, but you would do the same too if you're in the same situation, aren't you?

Conan ask me. I just stay silence since I can't deny the fact. It is true that I would do the same as he is, especially to him. Once he knows that he was right, he chuckles which make my face burning as I buried my face in his chest. Then Oji-san loud voice can be heard interrupting us, but never releasing each other.

Kogorou : Explain everything!

Agasa : Questions can wait until later. Go get a doctor.

Mitsuhiko : Yes!

Kogorou : CONAN!

Agasa : Calm down!

<TIME SKIP>

Doctor : There's nothing to worry about. I didn't notice any problem with his brain waves on our earlier scans, so we can discharge him tomorrow. Take care.

The doctor said after he is done checking up Conan condition. He and the nurse then walk out of the room as Oji-san thanked them and the three kid to cheer. You and Conan are now sitting on the bed along with Conan as he hugs you from behind and resting his head on your shoulder. You didn't mind it since it's pretty normal between you and Conan.

Kogorou : Thank you very much.

The door then opens once again and coming inside the room Inspector Megure and Inspector Shiratori. Without wasting times, Inspector Megure directly ask Conan to explain everything which Conan nod his head too.

Megure : Conan-kun, I'd like too know about the incident.

Conan then explain everything to Inspector and he change a bit by saying 'Shinichi ask him a favor'.

Megure : I see. You used the bicycle to protect other people, huh?

Conan : Yeah. Oh, Inspector! The culprit is calling on Shinichi-niichan's mobile phone. We aren't allowed to use mobile phones in a hospital, right?

Megure : Ah, we don't have to worried about that. This building is separate from the main building over there and there are no electronic medical devices here that can be affected. That being the case, we can use mobile phones here. Professor Agasa told us about the situation, so we chose this building.