Chapter 4

<Your POV>

Me, Conan and Ran are at the door of the agency sending Ran off since she wanted to make sure everything is ready for Shinichi's/Conan's birthday.

Ran : Well, be sure you guys get delivery for dinner tonight, okay?

Ran said as she walks off out of the agency.

Conan : Okay. Ten hours left until 10 pm.... What should I do?

<TIME SKIP>

Agasa : That's what I'm telling you that you should have turned her down.

We are now at professor's house. me and Conan were lazing around on the couch while professor is pouring a glass of coffee to himself.

Conan : Do you think I could have done that? I see Ran happily looking at the calendar every day. There's no way I could refuse her. Professor, make a lifelike Shinichi robot.

Agasa : That's impossible, even if I am a genius.

Conan : Yeah, I guess so....

News : On the day before yesterday, a large quantity of explosives including Octogen was stolen from the Toyo Chemical company's warehouse. The police have mobilized over a hundred officers to investigate, but so far, there have been no leads.

Agasa : That sounds like a big case.

Conan : Yeah, especially since Octogen is the primary component for plastic explosives.

News : Last night in Haido, there was a large fire at the Kurokawa Estate which also caused damage to surrounding buildings.

Erena : That house.... that's Kurokawa-san's house, isn't it Shin!

Conan : Urm. It is!

Agasa : That's the house where that murder case took place. There have been quite a few fires lately.

News : .... The method was similar to previous fires and the police suspect thia was set by the same culprit.

We then heard the phone ringing. So, Conan turn the television volume down and we went to the phone. Professor pick it up.

Agasa : Hello?

Phone : Is Kudou Shinichi there?

Agasa : Just a moment. Shinichi, it's for you?

Conan : Eh? How would they know I'm here?

Agasa : Don't you remember? We had all the phone calls to your house forwarded here.

Conan : That's right. I'm sorry I forgot. I haven't gotten any calls lately. So, I completely forgot about that.

Erena : Tch. I can't believe that you're actually a detective with that poor memory of yours.

Conan : What are you implying at?

Conan said a bit angry. I just shrug it off and stick out my tongue playfully at him. He looks at me and then just heave out a sigh giving up fighting back. He then set up his bowtie to his voice.

Agasa : The guy on the line sounds strange, like he's using a voice masking device.

Professor then give the phone to Conan. Conan take it and then start to talk into his bowtie on the phone. I lean to the phone too to hear what the call is about.

Shinichi (C) : Hello?

Phone : Is this Kudou Shinichi?

Shinichi (C) : Yes.