five >>> what we can

Começar do início

"I'm okay Lexa. I promise." Lexa nodded and dropped her hand from my own, shifting in her position. I bite my lip once more shoving my hands into my jacket pockets. "So what's the plan? What'd you tell Clarke and Bellamy?"

"I told them exactly what we know and then I took their input of what we are to do."

"And? What was their input?"

"They don't want me telling our people about the six months for us to live..." Lexa's voice trails off. I clench my jaw and look to Lexa's eyes. I analyze her face quickly with small flashes of her teary eyes watching me die flood my mind. I take a step back taking my hands out of my jacket pocket and rubbing my face.

"We sure that's a good idea?" I ask, placing my hands on my hips avoiding eye contact. Lexa's eyes were on me however. I could feel them lingering and I could only imagine the look on her face.

"I'm not sure. But I'm going to have to speak soon," Lexa answers, a sense of concern in her voice. I clench my jaw and nod.

"You are the commander. You should go. Say something-" I pause then continue. "Trikru should hear from you."

"Yes-" Lexa is the one to pause now. I dropped my hands from my hips shifting on my feet. "Y/N talk to me." I stay silent at her words. I shake my head though. I wanted to talk to her, but now...now isn't the time. I suck in a breath and pick up my head locking eyes with Lexa's soft, concerned ones.

"Lexa, I'm fine-" My eyes switch back and forth between her green ones. "We need to focus on our people. Trikru and Skaikru and the other clans." Lexa hesitantly nods, but keeps her eyes on me.

<<<<>>>>

Chants echo through the crowd. Lexa stands tall looking out to her people and some of the Skaikru. Hell even members of Ice Nation were gathered. My eyes scan around finding Kane and Abby in the crowd. They're looking to me but my eyes don't stay on them long as I feel a presence beside me. I barely look finding Indra standing tall with her hand on her sword. I clench my jaw and glance away and back to analyzing who's around. Bellamy and Clarke stand on the other side of Lexa, hidden a bit in the shadows. And as I linger on them seeing as the two exchange some words I find myself looking away just as Clarke's eyes linger to me.
I drop my head quickly, shifting in my position and relax my shoulders.

"Threat gon Oso kru ste nou longer (The threat against our people is no longer)!" Lexa speaks loud and clear. A round of applause appears and I pick up my head looking to her. Lexa's face remains determined, yet resting. "We've lost many today! But all fought to save not only myself but all of you!

Skaikru helped save us! They even helped us bring back Y/N Kom Trikru!" There's silence for a moment until loud claps escape from a group to the left of everyone. Everyone's eyes flick to them but more claps begin, but my eyes still go to the first set of people. The 9 night bloods who are in line to be the commander after Lexa stand with smiles on their faces. A small smile appears to my lips as I cup my hands together in front of me, looking to each one of them.

"Heda, chit dula op Oso dula op nau (Commander, what are we to do now?" A grounder shouts from the ground as the applauses die down. I look to Lexa my smile vanishing from my lips.

"We clean up Polis! We do what we can to get back to normal!" I clench my jaw and bite my lip. She chose not to tell them. I look down to the ground nodding my head as grounders begin getting to work. I feel a hand on my arm causing me to look up finding Lexa's eyes on me. We back up into the shadows, her eyes never leaving mine.

"You okay?" She asks, her voice a whisper. I nod my head as she nods back turning and looking out to her people. I do the same feeling her hand let go of me.

"Hello? Bellamy, please. Come in!" Raven's voice sounds. I look to Bellamy who quickly reaches to the walkie on his belt.

"Raven, are you okay?" Bellamy asks into the walkie.

"Yeah, yeah. We're all in one piece," Raven responds, her voice a little on edge still.

"Good, there's something we need you to look into-"

"First tell me how my friends are. Did everyone make it? Y/N?" Raven questions. I step back from standing beside Lexa and walk over to Bellamy holding out my hand. He hands over the walkie and I put it to my lips.

"Hey Raven," I say into the walkie.

"Oh my god... it worked!" Raven sounded relieved. I could picture the smile on her lips right now and it immediately put a small smile to my own.

"Yeah it did, thanks to you," I respond back shrugging my shoulders with a small smile on my lips.

"Are you alright? Is there any defects?"

"Nope. I still got the bullet wound but other than that-"

"Raven?" Clarke speaks up rushing towards me. I pick up my eyes locking them with Clarke's. I quickly hand over the walkie and she takes it without hesitation. "Did A.L.I.E ever tell you why she created the city of light?"

"No. Why?" Raven asks back.

"Wanheda! she don dula Disha gon yumi (Wanheda! She did this to us)!" Grounders began to shout. I looked to them seeing their faces angry. I quickly glance to Lexa seeing her staying in the shadows a blank expression across her face looking out to her people and the sky people. I clench my jaw and look back as Clarke hands me the walkie talkie before quickly going over to Lexa. The two of them exchanging words with every now and then Lexa glancing my way.

"What's going on?" I hear Raven ask. Gently I put the walkie up to my lips.

"They're blaming Clarke for the city of light," I say quietly. A silence surrounds the two of us as my eyes scan the area. Grounders look to Clarke as she stands by Lexa. They continue exchanging words before Lexa sighs and takes a step forward to speak.

"Wanheda helped save us along with the rest of Skaikru!" Lexa speaks up. "I understand how you feel and that's why Skaikru will be returning to Arkadia!" I clench my jaw and look to Lexa, tilting my head.

"Y/N, what's happening?" Raven speaks through the walkie. I clench my jaw placing the walkie back to my lips.

"Lexa's issuing Skaikru to Arkadia-Raven I'm going to hand the walkie to Bellamy-" I pause a moment and go to speak again when she beats me too it.

"Hey before you do-" she pauses a second then continues. "It's good to hear your voice again."

A small smile curves to my lips. "It's good to hear from you too Raven. We'll talk soon." I look to Bellamy and hand him the walkie, walking away from him and heading to Lexa. She looks to me giving me a small smile. I gently, barely give one back getting to her as Clarke walks away.

"What was that?" I ask Lexa looking out to the grounders.

"I did what I had to until this all dies down," Lexa responds and I gently nod seeing Bellamy, Clarke, Kane, and Abby all walking out of the gates of Polis.

_____________
____
____________
A/N: Okay so I know that they blamed Wanheda and then ice nation took over but obviously since this do be a fanfic I'm gonna change some things up for a better outcome especially since Lexa is alive. So bare with me! Hope you guys are enjoying this! I'll try to update more regularly!!

-Author