Twenty-eight

Bully Yijeongie: So you're telling me that you and Yoongi will be working on Jungkook and Suran's song?

Pretty Jieunie: Apparently, yes. And I don't know whether it's a good idea or not.

Bully Yijeongie: Of course, it is. I can already imagine how legendary the song is gonna be!

Jieun put down her phone and went downstairs. She just got home from their tiring coffee date and can't stop thinking about the conversation the four of them had.

"Noona, are you okay?" Jieun haven't noticed Beomgyu who was at the living room watching her zone out in the kitchen.

She came back to her senses upon hearing his voice. "Yeah, of course."

"So how's your date?"

"It's okay." Jieun chose not to tell more. She knew how nosy her brother could get.

Luckily, Beomgyu was too busy watching tv. He seemed not that interested in asking her questions.

But Jieun suddenly felt like she needed to get the thoughts out of her head. She needed to talk to somebody. She sat at the couch, silently observing Beomgyu who was comfortably sitting at the floor, focused on the show he was watching.

"Can I ask you something?"

Beomgyu's attention was now on Jieun. "Sure, noona."

"Between your life-long dream and the person that you truly love, which one would you choose?"

Beomgyu was silent for some seconds. Jieun was patiently waiting for his answer.

"I think I would choose which, between them, I could not live without."

"So which of the two?"

"Noona, I can't tell you now. I mean I haven't found either of them so I really don't know."

"Let's just say you already did. What will you choose?"

"Maybe I'd choose the person I love? I think if you found someone who will make you truly happy, it's the same thing as reaching your life-long dream. But I guess we all have our own preferences so I really don't know. Maybe time will change my choice."

Jieun thought of her brother's answer. Indeed, he has a point. People's choice always differ.

"Is something bothering you, noona? Are you torn between your work and your love life?"

"No, I was just asking for a friend."

"Okay. But if you are troubled with something, you can always tell me. Okay?"

"Thank you Beomgyu. I'll go to sleep now. Don't stay up too late."

Jieun went back to her room carrying the same thoughts. She didn't even know why she kept on thinking about things that she should have forgotten long ago.

'Between your life-long dream and the person that you truly love, which one would you choose?'

It's not an easy question to answer. She have witnessed people get torn over choosing one over the other.

She saw how her bestfriend got brokenhearted when Sooyoung decided to leave him to pursue her dream of becoming a cruise chef.

She herself felt the pain of being left by someone who she thought would stay by her side forever.

February 2012

"Leave? What do you mean you have to leave?"