Thirteen

"So, I'm guessing you listened to it already?"

"Yeah. The beat was good."

"I made it last night when I can't sleep."

"Hmm."

The atmosphere was still heavy despite Yoongi feeling relieved that Jieun agreed to talk to him. He could feel the awkwardness between them. He hated the fact that he could never keep up a good conversation with people unlike Yijeong. He always thought they were total opposites.

"What does WDTT mean by the way?" Jieun asked out of nowhere. She was looking bored and hungry.

"Oh, glad you asked. It stands for We Don't Talk Together. The title of the song."

"How can you give it a title when it's not even complete yet? I mean it's just the beat, the melody, the instruments. There were no lines. No words. No one's singing."

Yoongi smiled. He felt like he finally caught the lady's attention.

"I do that all the time." Yoongi moved his laptop for Jieun to have a better view. He opened a folder containing a collection of his works in progress.

Jieun scanned the files and was weirded out by Yoongi's choice of titles. 'I hate EDM'. 'Nachos Over Fries.' 'Mincho is the Bomb'. She wanted to laugh.

"Hilarious." She pretended not to be impressed. "So you're telling me that you give your songs random titles before you could even come up with its lyrics?"

"Right. But it doesn't mean that I stick to those titles. I mean, I just wanted to name them. The final title still depends on the finished product."

"Okay. But this WDTT is good. I mean if we use the full title, it would sound cool. We Don't Talk Together."

Did she just say WE? Yoongi couldn't believe what he just heard.

Jieun noticed him looking zoned out. What's with this weirdo? She thought.

"Hello? Earth to Min Yoongi?" She snapped her fingers in front of his face.

"I...I'm sorry. I was just thinking about something. So you think it's a good idea that we use the title?"

"Well yeah, why not? It's quite unique."

"Uhm, Jieun-ssi?"

Jieun looked at him with her wondering eyes.

"Could...could you please help me with this song?"

"Okay." Jieun replied with a straight face.

"Really?

"Yeah. This is what this meeting's all about, right?"

Yoongi just nodded. Again, he was speechless.

"Let me write the lyrics. How much time do we have?"

"Take your time, Jieun-ssi. And if you need some help, you can always tell m—"

"It's okay. I can do this. I'll let you know once I'm done with it."

"Okay, Jieun-ssi. Thank you."

"It's part of my job, anyway."

Jieun checked the time and started packing her things inside her bag. The longer she stayed with the man, the more uncomfortable she felt.

"Are we good? It's getting late. I need to go home."

Without waiting for his reply, she stood up and started heading over to the cafe's door. Yoongi rushed with keeping his things just before Jieun could leave.

"Wait!"

Jieun stopped walking. Now what?

Yoongi rushed to Jieun's side and took her bag.

"Min Yoongi, what—"

"Let me drive you home."

"No, I can go home by myself. I'm taking a cab."

"No, you're not taking the cab."

Before Jieun could even speak, Yoongi took her hand and both headed outside the coffee shop.

"Min Yoongi I swear I'm gonna sue you!"

"Sue me? For what?" Yoongi was now laughing. This girl is always extra.

"For forcing me to go with you!"

"You're not gonna do that."

"Are you challenging me?"

Jieun took her phone from her pocket and tried dialling a number. Yoongi panicked and grabbed her phone but Jieun held it tighter. Jieun laughed so hard seeing Yoongi's sudden reaction.

"Ohhh. Thought you're brave enough huh?" Jieun teased. "Still the same old chicken that you are."

Yoongi felt embarassed. In his mind, he was thinking how Jieun could be the best yet the worst person he's ever met. A beautiful mess is the perfect description for her.

"Min Yoongi, you can never win over me." Jieun continued, trying to annoy him more.

He didn't know what he was thinking when he stepped near her and placed his cold hands in her face. Before the shocked lady could even do something, he allowed his lips to meet hers.

Jieun stood frozen. Her heart was racing fast. Her brain seemed to stop processing what was going on for a while, but when she came back to her senses, she pushed him as hard as she could.

"Jieun...I—"

"What the fucking hell Yoongi?!"

Jieun ran as fast as she could, not minding the cold path she was taking. All she wanted at the moment was to stay away from him.

Yoongi was left standing alone, regretting his actions.

"You messed up big time, Yoongi."