Jump away.

Following the voice in your head, you jumped away and onto a nearby tree as the flames exploded, making Rui lose his stance. The boy took this opportunity and brought his flaming blade up to the demon's head and―

The demon's head flew off and the boy collapsed, the girl falling also. You quickly dashed towards the falling girl and caught her in your arms, grabbing the young boy also. Something felt off.

He hurt those kids. Kill him.

You softly placed them both next to a tree, the young boy holding the girl close to him, "W-Who are you?" He finally spoke to you. You merely stared at him before turning away to kill the demon. You have to make this quick or the effort that the boy made would be useless.

When you looked back, you see that the demon has his head back on. You scoffed, "Cutting your own head? How noble."

"E-Eh?" The boy stuttered, his eyes widening when he saw that the head of the demon was not detached.

Rui chuckled, "So you noticed? Well, there is no use since we will be ending this quickly," He held his hands together and moved them in a circular motion, "Blood Demon Arts: Cutting Thread Rotation"

Red threads strung up from behind him and formed into a circle. He then pushed it forward, launching the millions of threads towards you.

"Indeed," In and out...

"Frost Breathing, Tenth Form: Dancer on the Ice"

You entered a state of tranquility. Your vision from the dark gloomy forest that you were into an ice-covered valley, the cold frigid air breezing through the both of you. As soon as the threads reached you, they all snapped instantly. You held your blade in front of you in a straight posture, akin to a statue guarding a palace.

From the calm and arrogant face that Rui held, turned to one of confusion and anger, "This can't be happening..." He held his hand out, prepared to perform another move, "One more time!"

Before Rui could even blink, you had moved past him and sliced his neck, successfully splitting it from his body. The sound of him being beheaded resonated through the quiet, empty forest.

Thud

Thud. His head fell to the ground. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

His body kept on moving, waving around as of he wanted to reach something, someone.

You continued to watch it move towards the young boy, limping in agony and lost. It fell to the ground when it tripped but it continued to reach out to hold on to the boy.