Recruitment

August 28
Year One
◇Konan POV◇

The blond-haired boy and I stood at the entrance to the Akatsuki base. His face a little bit more pale than usual, and he had his head down.

"Stay behind me," I warned.

He did what I said and we walked into the base together. We did live in a cave, but we still had everything we needed.

He tried to make sure his hair didn't stick out while he was walking, but he couldn't keep all of it.

"Hey, isn't that the jinchuriki?" Deidara mentioned.

Naruto tried to hide more, but the stares from the Akatsuki didn't go away that quickly.

"If we're supposed to seal him, why come all the way back?" Itachi questioned.

"I am going to speak to Lord Pein." I interrupted.

Naruto and I went to Pein's office. I slowly opened the door.

"Lord Pein," I started.

"Yes?" He asked.

I brought Naruto in front of him.

"Why seal him all the way back here?" He asked.

I guided Naruto to the other side of the room with my hand and used paper to cover his ears.

"Lord Pein, I am wondering if we could not seal his tailed beast."

"What, why?"

"I found him outside of Konoha's borders unattended." I started. "I learned that he left the village on his own."

"And why is that an excuse to spare him? All should know pain." He countered.

"He does know pain." I argued. "All his life, his village, his friends, and even some of his teachers mistreated him. He left because he was tired of it."

Pein looked moderately surprised. He didn't expect a bright kid like him to know anything of pain.

"I will tell the Akatsuki to delay his sealing for now at least. Go put him in the spare room." He ordered.

"Thank you." I replied.

I went to where Naruto sat and took to paper off of his ears. I smiled softly at him.

"Good news, for now at least, you won't be sealed."

Naruto's faced lightened but only a bit, he wasn't out of the water yet. He followed me too the room he would stay in. Despite it being a cave, it was nicely decorated. I waved bye to him and closed his door. I really hoped he would be alright.

☆Naruto POV☆

I-Im ok, Kurama..?

Your fine kit, calm down alright.

Ok...

I sat down in the new room I was in. In wasn't the type of room I'd expected at all. It was actually pretty nice.