Assembling The Team (Avengers 2012)

Start from the beginning

"It has the potential to wipe out the planet." 

"What does Fury want me to do? Swallow it?" Bruce says sarcastically, making Y/N chuckle.

"That would make for a hell of an indigestion, huh Bruce?" He jokes to Banner, who turns and gives him a slight smile before returning back to the subject.

"He wants you to find it. It's been taken, it emits a gamma signature that's too weak for us to track. There's no one that knows gamma radiation like you do, if there was, that's where I'd be." Bruce proceeds to take off his glasses and Y/N stands up from his chair to stand at the doorway.

"So Fury's not after the monsters?" Banner asks her as Y/N listens intently to their conversation, looking over his shoulder, slightly skeptical that he won't be able to run away from a fight and instead unleash his Mantra. 

"Not that Fury's told me." Natasha says to him.

"And he tells you everything?" Getting impatient from this, she leans forward in her chair.

"Talk to Fury, he needs you both on this."

"He needs us in cages?"

"No one's going to put you in a-" She leans in to grab her phone back, but Y/N, like a blur, rushes beside Bruce and slams his hands onto the table.

"STOP LYING TO US!" He screams at her, making her pull out a gun from underneath the table that had been taped there. The scream Y/N had done echoes for a second before Bruce places a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. 

"Sorry about that, he's just not used to trusting people other than me. He's a good kid, he just needs time. To trust others and cope with his issues." He assures Romanoff, who doesn't drop her pistol down. "Why don't we do this the easy way where you don't use that...and the other guy and his friend don't make a mess. Okay? Natasha?" He tells her, not wanting Y/N to snap her neck since she is frightened by their presence combined. One monster, it's fine for her, but two in the same room as her, that's a little bit too much. She finally brings her gun down and places her hand on a communicator in her right ear.

"Stand down. We're good here." She speaks into it, and a whole squad of S.H.I.E.L.D soldiers can be seen lowering their weapons with a few of them being shock related. A sigh of annoyance comes from Y/N, and Banner just looks disappointed.

"Meh meh meh, "Just you and me", meh meh meh. Fucking liars all over the place..." Y/N mutters to himself, but is loud enough for Bruce to hear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D, stands in a dark room, in front of five monitors which display members of the World Security Council, four males, one female.

"You have brought monster into our operation, Director Fury. Not just any monster at that, and I am still baffled by this decision." The only councilwoman among the five says.

"He is not a monster, he is just a 17 year-old, who needs to learn how to deal with his anger management issues. I've seen the power he posses, and if left unchecked, he may go rogue and destroy the world as we know it." The director responds back.

"And that is why we are scared, seeing as you are dealing with forces you can't control." A Councilman says.

"You've ever been in a war, Councilman? In a firefight? Did you feel an overabundance of control?"

"Are you saying this...Asgard is declaring war on our planet?"

Nick clarifies his assumption, "Not Asgard, Loki."