Chapter 1

A/N: If any of the wording  has italics on them that mean there their think it but not saying it like saying it in there heads.

Draco's pov:

Why did Potter speak at our trial, why did he save me. I mean that's all Potter's wanted to do to me; get rid of me , right? but instead he comes and saves me? All these questions filled my mind and I was trying to get answers but I knew I couldn't get them. How could I possibly face him now. Even after all the trouble I gave him and after my bullying he still saved me. Did Potter have a soft spot for him ? no no he couldn't, unless he could. I smirked at the thought of Potter having a soft spot for me. I have always had a tiny crush on Potter but after he spoke at the trial I knew it wasn't just a tiny crush. I, Draco Malfoy had feelings for Potter. Who would have thought?.

      I was about to go back down stairs when an owl swooped in through the window and dropped a letter. I got some food for the owl and fed it and it went off from wherever it came. I looked down at the letter in my hands, it was a Hogwarts letter but I had my seventh year last year. Not minding the fact that I had my last year at Hogwarts already, I opened it. Hogwarts was inviting all the seventh years to redo their seventh year for the time lost of the war. The war brought back memories, not exactly the best ones.

The letter:

Hello seventh years

As you know due to the war most of you were not able to focus on or finish your studies. So for this year we will be adding an extra year. You will have the choice to come back or not as the war has affected you all in different ways. If you come back you will be known as the 8th years and since lots of people won't be coming back we have built a common room for you all so all the houses will be in one room and as you are all adults i should trust you do not go starting fights especially Mr.Potter and Mr.Malfoy. I have also taken note that most of you have gone and purchased a muggle cell phone so I will be allowing them but if I or one of the professors see them in class they will be confiscated. I would also like to thank the following students for helping rebuild the castle:

Harry Potter

Pansy Parkinson

Blaise Zabini

Ron Weasly

Ginny Weasly

Luna Lovegood

Neville Longbottom

Hermoine Granger

Theodore Nott

Draco Malfoy

And if you do choose to come please write back to me as soon as possible, thank you.

Minerva McGonagall

Headmistress of Hogwarts witchcraft and wizardry

I read the letter and stopped when it got to my name in the list of people that she was thanking. I had helped rebuild the school when everyone left. I made sure no one was around or if anyone was around I would make sure they weren't looking and started to help but I guess someone saw me. I went downstairs to find my mother sitting down on the sofa knitting. My mother was on house arrest and my dad was in azkaban.

                   My mother saw had a letter in my hand and walked over to me " Who's the letter from, Draco?" she asked " Oh the letter it's nothing Hogwarts just wants to invite the seventh years to re-do their studies that they missed because of the war, but I don't wanna go I think I'll just stay here with you " I said. She looked at me and said " Draco, honey please go and finish your studies I will be just fine by myself." " But mum", I whined " do it for me please" I still didn't budge " then at least do it for Potter'' she exclaimed. I jumped " W-what why w-would I do it or P-p-Potter" I exclaimed. I don't like where this is going I thought.  " Draco dear I would have thought you knew better then to leave your diary in the living room" she said " fu-" " language Draco " my mother yelled " how much did you read exactly?" I asked. My mother smirked "oh just the first 100 pages" " WHAT " I yelled. I wrote all about Potter in those pages, I'm doomed       " you know it's okay, I kinda already knew you were gay i just needed to figure out who and now I know. My little baby has a crush on Potter" my mum said " MOM STOP that's embarrassing and fine I'll go to Hogwarts" 

819 words 

Uploaded on January 26, 2021