Chapter 1: The Divergence

Start from the beginning

As Bakugo and his lackeys were walking out the door, Bakugo turned around and gave Izuku some advice. "I know a way for you to be a hero! If you want a quirk so badly, how about you go to the roof and pray for one as you take a swan dive!" Bakugo said as he walked out leaving Izuku alone and heart destroyed. This wasn't the first time he's gotten suicided baited and he doubted it would be the last time but it made Izuku's dark thoughts return to his mind since it was from his old friend or a rather former old friend. 'If I did that there's a good chance that your dreams would end idiot... though I wouldn't be surprised if the police covered it up.' thought Izuku due to his experiences with the police. 

Izuku went out and grabbed his notebook and started to walk away from the school. Soon though the last straw of his will and desire to be a hero would shatter. Soon, the world would give birth to the man that would change everything! Izuku was walking under an underpass minding his own business when the events that would trigger it all would start. It was due to one villain known as the sludge villain that came out of a manhole cover. This villain was running away from a hero and had escaped capture so far but he ran into Izuku Midoriya who had just walked past the manhole. As such, the villain grabs him and tried to hide inside his body which would kill Iuzku Midoriya. Izuku tried to resists but soon he would be saved but also crushed by the hero. The hero that came to save him was none other than All Might! All Might yelled out his texas smash and blew the sludge villain apart saving Izuku who got knocked out due to the lack of air. 

After waking Izuku up, All Might got the villain together and had already signed Izuku's notebook. All Might checked Izuku over before he got ready to leave even though Izuku wanted to ask a question. The question was could a quirkless person be a hero. However, All Might refused to listen in but Izuku grabbed onto All Might as he jumped away. All Might noticed this and told him to let go of him but they were in the air forcing All Might to land. The problem with that is All Might was at his limit! As they were talking and Izuku had asked All Might the question, All Might coughed some blood up and drop from his buff form. It was at this moment that Izuku learned of All Might's true form. They talked for a bit and Izuku was left broken. 

All Might had told Izuku that quirkless people could not be heroes. "Without a quirk? No, I don't believe someone without a quirk could be a hero. It's good to dream but you need to be realistic. The job of a hero is dangerous and will get you killed if your not powerful enough. If you want to help people then go be a police offer or an EMT. They get some hate but they are still a vital part of our society." All Might stated as he went down the steps. He left Izuku Midoriya there on that roof with no other concern what so ever. Izuku just stared at the door that All Might went through and just had so many thoughts in his mind at that moment but one thing he was sure of that he snapped. He finally broke! 'Symbol of Peace... more like Symbol of Lies! You have gone on TV for years telling everyone that anyone could do it but in private you are nothing by a lier! A man of falsehood!' Izuku thought with anger in his eyes. It was at that moment that one Izuku Midoriya had snapped and many plans and ideas were flooding his mind. He was no longer restraining himself! 

Izuku soon heard an explosion from the distance and decided to go check it out. Soon he arrived to find one Katsuki Bakugo being held by the sludge villain that attacked Izuku. Izuku just stood there watching. However, a deep part of him decided to push him forward to save Bakugo. 'what the hell am I doing... ah yes! If he dies then he dies due to my plans or at my hands! No way will he die to a lowly sludge villain!' Izuku thought as he grabs some rocks and as he was running he tossed them into the sludge villain's eyes causing him to go backward in pain which provided Bakugo some time to breathe. Bakugo shouted asking why he was there and Izuku just told him that he wasn't going to let him die to some pathetic sludge villain. 'Instead, it has to be someone higher or at my hands!' Izuku thought in his mind. 

Within seconds, All Might came down upon them and defeated the sludge villain grabbing Bakugo and Izuku. Izuku tried really hard to keep his anger in check at this man. Izuku soon slipped away after he was done getting yelled at by the pro heroes for rushing in. 'Really... yell at me for doing your job and yet you all praise Bakugo for his quirk!? Pathic!' Izuku thought. Soon though Bakugo came up to Izuku and yelled at him that he didn't need to be saved. Izuku just stayed silent and let him leave. Though, his peace was disturbed once again. The one and only All Might arrived! 

"YOUNG MIDORIYA! I've come with a correction and an offer! As we were all standing there doing nothing you the quirkless boy rushed in and saved the day! I was wrong before! You can be a hero!" All Might stated and Izuku's plans soon came to a halt but not for long. As Izuku's eyes widen his soul took another hit when All Might offered his power! 'WHAT! Quirk's that can be transferred?' Izuku thought as All Might offered a quirk called One For All. All Might explained that the quirk gets passed down from one generation to the next just getting stronger and All Might wanted Izuku to use it to be a hero. It was at that moment that Izuku's heart caught up with his mind. 'Of course... it's all about the quirk once again!' Izuku thought with anger in his mind. Izuku then looked at All Might and then spoke. All Might paled a bit.

"As I thought... this world only cares about quirks. I was hoping when you came here and said you were wrong that you changed but you've just proved it... you are nothing more than a quirkest bastard in my eyes. Take your quirk and shove it. I don't need your pity All Might, you've already broken me. Goodbye, All Might." Izuku said as he just walked right past All Might who was in shock. He didn't know what to do. All he could think of was the dullness in the eyes of the young man before him and how he caused it. He regretted his words from the roof so much at that moment. 

Soon Izuku Midoriya arrived at his home where his mother had yet to return from work. He decided to put his plans into action. Now, what plans could Izuku Midoriya have you might ask? Well, of course, the plans he made from that rooftop to the moment he walked into his home of course! Izuku Midoriya was very smart and had a high intelligence after all! He's only suppressed it all this time since him being smarter than others would only put a much larger target on his back after all! It was at this moment that Izuku Midoriya grabbed all of his notebooks, some other personal items, and his laptop that he hid from his mother. He started his plan and wrote a note to his mother that read,

Dear mother,

I know you might worry about me but I need to do this. I've suffered so much... I can't do this anymore. From all the beatings and neglect from my students and teachers at school to the suffering that I put you through at having a quirkless son in this society. I'm sorry that dad left because of me and I'm sorry that everyone distanced themselves from you due to my living here with you. I need you to promise me that you won't hate me for what I'm about to do. Just known... I will always love you mother.

So please.... please forget I existed since it will be better if you move on from me and not worry.

Love,

Izuku Midoriya

Soon the note was finished and Izuku taped it to the computer screen in his room. He looked around and took his last memories in that he would have of this room. He left all of the All Might stuff alone since there was no point in destroying it. His mother could sell it for money. Izuku did not take any of his clothing except a few pairs to change into. He would acquire mother later since the note could be taken two ways if the person was smart. It could be a suicide note or a note of something worse. As such, he didn't want to take too much and cause people to look too hard for him since most people will give up after a few weeks due to him being quirkless. Izuku closed his door and went to the living room and took a picture with his phone of one of the hanging picture frames. This frame had his mother and him both in it when he was younger which things were simpler. Izuku then looked around one more time before he left. This was the start of Izuku's journey to change the world!