05 : Bɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ | سالگرہ

𝙸𝚜𝚑 𝚃𝚎𝚛𝚊 𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚊 𝙿𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚣𝚊 𝙷𝚊𝚒 𝙽𝚊.

𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 | شدت

The morning had rolled around sooner than expected.

Aliyaar sat in his office which was situated in his wing of the Manor, completing his office work.

A knock diverted his attention from the tower of files towards the lean man who stood in the doorway.

"Lala, apney bulaya?" Azlaan asked.

(Brother, you called.)

"Haan, have a seat. Kal baat nahi kar paya tou socha Abhi karloun."

(Yes. We couldn't talk yesterday so I thought we could talk now.)

Azlaan took a seat comfortably as he eyed his elder brother. The man sat on his chair, perched on it like a king on his throne.

"Dr. Sahab, what do you plan on doing, now that you're back from England?" Asked aliyaar.

"Now that I've completed my internship, I'll start my residency in Peshawar general hospital soon." Azlaan answered.

"So you plan on shifting back to Pakistan and staying for good?" Asked aliyaar.

"Well, that was the plan wasn't it? Plus ammi would have my head if I shifted to UK permanently. Pehley he she cries about you shifting to islamabad."

(Mother. Already.)

Aliyaar smiled.

It was true, his mother would call everyday to check up on him which he found amusing but annoying some days.

"What about wali? Is he doing alright there?" Aliyaar asked Azlaan, all serious.

"Uh, yes lala. He is doing good there. Actually he'll be returning to Pakistan soon." Azlaan answered.

"That's good to hear. Tell me why did you come to Pakistan before him though. I thought I assigned a duty to you."

"Lala, my internship ended. I had no purpose being there, wali should have been back by now too but he decided to stay longer at the last moment." Azlaan defended himself.

Aliyaar had assigned Azlaan the duty of looking after Wali since both of them were studying in England and fortunately were in the same university.

It was a blessing they never interacted though, curtesy to being in different departments.

The moment of silence ended when Azlaan changed the topic.

"Aur sunain Lala, Kesey hain? Koi larki passand kari? Shadi k Kya iradey hain?." Azlaan asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

( what's new brother, how are you? Do you like someone? I mean, when are you planning to get married?.)

Aliyaar frowned at his questions, wondering what had him thinking about his marriage.

"Tumhein meri shadi k topic Mei itni dilchaspi Kyun ho rahi hai? Kahin tumne tou shadi k iradey nahi karliye?." The smile on Azlaan's face was whipped off by this question.

(Why are you so interested in my marriage? Are you planning on getting married?)

"Khuda ka khauf karein bhai, why would I subject myself to such torture?" Azlaan rolled his eyes at the thought of marriage.