02 : Hᴏᴍᴇ | گھر

𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 | شدت

Ever since Mirha was a little kid, she loved the art of decorating one's home. How one would put their soul and love into making a house their home.

That was one of the major reason she took interior designing, wanting to design and decorate one's home to their liking, a place where one would spend if not most then all their lives in.

It was a fascinating art.

And she loved it. She had seen her mother make an empty house into a comforting abode for herself and her children, how she had put her all into this small house for them.

How she had spent years trying to erase the memory of a place that was once their safe home. One that didn't remain.

And she succeeded.

Oh how well she had succeeded in making them all forget the place that was thousands of miles away from them, body and heart both.

Now seeing the same place that was once their humble abode, their safe space being snatched off its beauty was truly depressing.

Mirha stood near the stairs that once led to her room, her safe space as she gazed at the numerous men taking away their stuff and loading it in the pickup truck.

Her eyes scanned the lounge which was once filled with paintings and pictures, now left empty.

The house she grew up in, the house she spent the last ten years in, was being given away- taken away.

They still had a month to go, they were to move from this beautiful home after a month but the recent incident had left them traumatized and scared for their safety, due to which they were fleeing- quite literally.

Four days ago..

A few weeks had passed since the wretched man had shown up at her university, days after which passed quite smoothly. He hadn't come again, which was a good thing.

Or so she thought.

It was a bright Saturday afternoon when Mirha along with her sister Aleena and her mother had arranged to go to the nearby market to shop for eid.

The holy month of Ramadan was approaching during which no one would have the time to shop for Eid as they had other preparations to do.

Mirha like any other person loved this holy month. She had a special bond with her lord and this holy month brings even her closer to Him.

A smile grazed her face as she thought about the yummy pakorey and jalebi that would be served on the aftaar table.

(Aftaar- the time at which one breaks their fast)

Mirha's thoughts were interrupted as the car abruptly came to a stop.

With widened and confused eyes, the women watched as several men in rugged clothes came out of the vehicle responsible for their abrupt stop.

Mirha's heartbeat pumped at an animated speed as she sensed the possible danger.

The door on her side opened as a rough hand grasped her soft ones, tugging her to the force.

"STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Screamed the mother of the young woman in distress as she saw her daughter being dragged out of the taxi.

She quickly grasped her other arm, Aleena following suit as she cried in distress.

Her efforts and force were of no use as the man succeeded in dragging the elder sister out.

Mirha was screaming and thrashing in the arms of the man who had enclasped her hands in a harsh grip.