𝗮𝗻𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁

Start from the beginning

"Why?" JJ asked me, he seemed confused.

"Just wondering." I replied, trying my best to brush off any sign of worry or fear. I didn't want them asking about it later.

Soon enough, we pulled up to Popes' dock, which just so happened to have Pope on it, spraying something off with a hose.

"Well, look who we have here." JJ whooped as we approached the dock.

"We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory." John B stated.

"Yeah, so drop the hose and lets go!" I shouted, attempting to get my mind off of South Carolina.

Off of my little sister, Pristine.

"I can't. My pop's got me on lock down." Pope replied sadly.

"Your dad's a pussy. Over." JJ spoke into his hand, pretending it was a radio or something.

"Oh I heard that, you little bastard!" Heyward announced as he came around a pile of trash and some trash cans.

I let out a loud laugh.

"We need your son." John B said.

"And, Island Rules, the day after a hurricane is a free day." JJ said lifting his arms in the air and then bringing them back down.

"Who the hell made that up?" Heyward asked.

"The Pentagon, I think." JJ joked.

"Oh yeah? And how would you know?" I asked.

"We have security clearance. I have a card." JJ said, digging through his pockets as if he had an actual card.

"You think I'm stupid?" Heyward asked.

"I'll do it tomorrow. I promise. Tomorrow." Pope said as he set down the hose.

"No, no, no. Hell no. You're doing it right now." Heyward replied seriously.

"Get in the boat." John B whispered harshly.

"Make a run for it." JJ said.

"Just jump." I joined the whispering conversation.

"Boy if you get in that boat." Heyward yelled as we all watched Pope run and jump off of the dock and into the boat.

"And he sticks the landing!" I yelled at Pope as he stood up on the seat of the boat.

"Go, go, go, go, go." JJ said to John B as we began to speed off.

"I'll do it tomorrow dad, I promise!" Pope yelled.

"When you get back you're gonna clean shrimp, you're gonna clean fish!"

"Love you, pops!"

"And you're gonna clean your dirty ass room!"

"Yeah Pope, clean your room. God damn." I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

"We'll bring him back in one piece!" John B promised.

"And I don't like your friends!" Heyward yelled back.

"Don't worry! No one does!" I stood up on the back of the boat and shouted out to Heyward as we began to speed off to go and collect the last Pogue.

~

"Kie!" I shouted as I watched her walk down the dock.

"Oh! Top o' the mornin' to ya." JJ said in an Scottish accent.

"What you got? You got some juice boxes?" Pope asked, staring at the blue cooler that Kie had in her hand.