Harry's POV

This whole week everything between me and her seemed to be better. She knew I was with Ginny, so she probably decided to try fixing our friendship. Too bad I was still in love with her...

Ginny wasn't the same. She was so sweet and supportive but she could never replace Maya. I had to lie and get with Gin so I can be at least a little closer to Maya again. I needed her in my life.

And now, all my hopes for us to reunite were gone. Completely gone. She let Malfoy fuck her? Multiple times? He was in fact probably fucking her now, good thing I interrupted them. I can't believe she agreed for Malfoy to touch her. What if she didn't? What if he used her? Of course he did. She's so dumb thinking that he will ever have feelings for her. Malfoy and his fucked up friends will never change. The only thing that they succeed at is hurting people.

I was sitting in my and Maya's favourite childhood place now - a hidden broom closet. We used to spent a lot of time here when we were little. She always told me about her imaginary stories here. I would listen to them with enthusiasm. I tear appeared on my face at the thought of all the memories we had together. And then I heard footsteps.

"Harry?" I heard her voice. She was looking for me. I didn't want to see her, not now. I was feeling so betrayed to the point that I couldn't calm myself down. I imagined her with Malfoy. The anger I felt was unexplainable. After all these years, after everything we went through together she still chose him? I wasn't good enough yet again.

Then she found me. She was tearing apart too. I hate it when she's crying. I wanted to hug and comfort her so bad now.

"Omg" she flinched when she finally found me. "Harry I-" she started but I couldn't resist anymore. I got up and pulled closer to her. She was standing there confused, not realising what was about to happen.

Then I kissed her.

I did. I couldn't stop myself. I didn't care. I wanted her. I needed her to be mine.

Maya didn't kiss me back but didn't pull away either. She seemed frozen. Her face was red now. Fuck, what did I do?...

Maya's POV

Did he just? Fuck. Harry Potter just kissed me. I... What? I am genuinely so confused right now. I thought he hated me like a second ago. I was standing right in front of him almost emotionless. And then I realised what exactly happened. My goddamn best friend just kissed me.

He was staring at me for a while waiting for my reaction. I was looking at him with numb face. At that moment all I wanted to do was to disappear. I couldn't even look into his eyes anymore. Why, just why would Harry do that? He knew I don't like him this way... Couldn't he respect that?

"Forget about it" he said suddenly. It snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I will" I said quickly. "I just wanted to apologize for you finding out about me and..." I took a deep breath "...the way you did" I blushed.

"Why is Malfoy better?" He asked out of nowhere. I looked at him shocked. How am I even supposed to answer that.

"It's not like he's better..." I tried to explain myself. "It's like, you theoretically like Ginny more. It doesn't have to mean she's better, right?" I asked without hesitation. I shouldn't have said that. I should have think it over.

"I chose you" he said out of hand.

I took a step back. He was weird now. Not the Harry I used to know. He would nerve cheat on anyone, especially his girlfriend. Relationship were so important and serious to him. I couldn't believe in what he was saying. Was he only playing with Ginny? The thought of having to see her hurt because Harry and me just made me furious with him.

"That's it" I stated. He looked confused and sad at once. "You're not the boy I used to know. Us... we will not continue our 'friendship' until you get over me totally. I can't believe you're doing that to Ginny now. I will not stand here and pretend like it's completely okay"

"Of course, I'll go" he rolled his eyes "just one thing, I came to get you from those fucking Slytherins today because I found out what that asshole Malfoy is hiding. Guess you will 'love' him anyway" he mocked and quickly walked away.

I lost everyone. I know for a fact I won't be able to look at Ginny without feeling the guilt now.

I lost Harry even more too.

And I lost him. My favourite boy. I left. No more spending nights together. No more cuddling. No more watching the sun go down again. No more being with him. Everything I shared with Draco just ended.

I chose Harry but Malfoy was the one who made me pick. Our whole relation turned out to be just a loftiness for him. At least that's what he showed. Blaise said I was special to him but Malfoy made it obvious that he only like to fuck me from time to time.

I hate everyone around now. I was finally starting to feel happy again.
The hope of having something special with him seemed like a dream. Guess it forever will.

Thank you so much for reading today's chapter everyone! We're almost at 1k views!! Thank you so much for all your love and votes <3.
Check my insta (@/mayaaflower_) for more updates :)