Chapter 9: Red Bean

Start from the beginning

Yu Wan raised her hand and wiped away her tears. "What am I going to do... Shen, Shen Qingzhou..."

The driver couldn't hear her words through her muffled voice and pressed down harder on the accelerator. "Five more minutes. Don't worry, miss."

Yu Wan whimpered and tried to calm down.

Finally, they arrived at the hospital. Yu Wan hoisted Red Bean off the car. "Majesty, follow me!"

Yu Diandian obediently kept at her heels. Everyone nearby was looking at her in surprise. No matter how you looked at them, a skinny girl carrying a huge bleeding dog on her shoulders was a frightening sight.

Once they were at the door, the vet rushed to her aid.

"It got cut by a knife. Doctor, please hurry!" Yu Wan cried.

"Put it on the table."

A few vets pushed Red Bean into the surgery room, and Yu Wan slumped down on a chair once Red Bean fell out of her sight. She put her head between her knees and started to cry.

After a long time, Yu Wan took out her phone and found the three characters Shen Qingzhou in her contacts list. She bit down on her lip and pressed the call button.

"Hello."

She heard his familiar cool voice. Yu Wan couldn't bring herself to say anything. She was afraid that she would break down once she opened her mouth.

"Yu Wan?"

"Mr. Shen."

Yu Wan took a deep breath and didn't know where to start.

Shen Qingzhou felt that something was wrong from her silence. "What happened? Talk."

Yu Wan tugged at her skirt and finally rasped, "Shen Qingzhou, you should come back..."

"Daddy, it's this big sister."

"Miss, miss?"

Someone tapped at her shoulder, and Yu Wan slowly raised her head. Her clothes were stained with blood and her face was also streaked with blood from wiping at her eyes. The family was shocked at her appearance.

Yu Wan's gaze stopped at the twins and looked at the adults.

"My... My kids injured your dog, so I came here to apologize." The man explained embarrassedly.

Yu Wan grunted.

The man looked very awkward, "Then, how much is the medical fee? I'll pay."