Chapter 12: By Your Side

Start from the beginning

"Y-yeah, you're right, Vernon. Oh, here's comes the sushi! Perfect timing too!" She said as the food is brought to their table.

"You're that hungry, huh? Well, don't hold back Kkura, eat as much as you like." Vernon assured her.

"Thanks! Itadakimasu!" She said as they began having their lunch.

Afterwards, Vernon decided that Sakura should be the one to pick which place they would go to next, that way she can enjoy their time together in a place that she wants to go. Without a doubt, Sakura chose to go to a local PC gaming center with him, much to his surprise. They spent the next two hours playing all sorts of PC games that Sakura chose to play, with him trying his best to keep up with her. Despite his limited skills, he was able to make the most of it as he can't deny that he did have fun playing with her. With this, their date is about to come to an end.

"Vernon, thank you again for accepting my invitation to go out with me today. This means a lot to me." She said as the two of them were relaxing at the city park.

"Don't mention it. I really had a great time as well, and I'm happy that you also did." He said to her softly.

It was at this moment when Sakura decides to tell him the truth.

"Umm, this may be so sudden, but I have something important to say to you today." She began.

"Kkura....." was all he could say as Sakura looks at him intimately.

"There was a reason why I invited you today Vernon, and it's not just because I wanted to know you more. No, it's far more important than that. You see, ever since I met you, I felt something different that just warms my heart. Perhaps it was because you were so kind to me and to everyone, but I know it's more special than that. Just like Y/N and all of our friends, I still don't know you that much either. Maybe it's just me, but I figured that you were happier than the rest of us when we first had our lunch together. I think you know what I'm trying to say."

Vernon was stunned by Sakura's words, as he knew well enough that she was right.

"Yes, I know that feeling. It's something that I'm very familiar with, as I had gone through that moment before. Deep down, you wanted to feel a sense of belongingness. You wanted to have friends whom you can count on, those who will always remain loyal to you no matter what. From the moment you met all of us, I realized that I was right. You tried to hide it before, but you were deeply hurt when Wonwoo doesn't want to be acquainted with you. It was all the proof that I need to figure out that I was right in assuming so."

"Kkura.....you....."

Vernon can't stop the tears that were about to fall from his eyes, as Sakura continued.

"That's why I'm here, to let you know that I'll always be here for you. From this, I wanted to confess something to you. I.....I like you, as more than a friend. At first, I wasn't sure if my feelings were true, but now, I'm confident that this is what I wanted all along. It would mean everything to me if you accept me as your girlfriend. If you do, I promise that you won't be lonely anymore, for I will always be right here by your side."

This was it.

From the moment they began their date, Vernon was more than prepared to commit to his plan.

But after he heard Sakura's words for him, doubts began to linger in his mind.