The Thing

[All the dialogues in Bold are that of Geentanjali and those in Italics are that of Vaibhav]

I couldn't decipher my own thoughts in that moment. It was an unfamiliar emotion. Something so unusual and something so unlikely.

A woman in her late twenties was falling for a boy in his teens. A sin you would say but I justify it with sorcery. Spells that his bewitching form was casting, hit exactly the right spots. And thus my conscience lost its sense of righteousness.

"Apartment number twenty" he answered my curiosity with boldness in his tone, yet another attribute that added to his oddity. His voice was nothing like the coarse and creaky voice of an average adolescent but it was more of a thick, throaty one. To put in easy words, he was a Johnny Orlando with the vocal chords of John Legend.

It felt like my teenage dream boy flew out of my journals and jumped into reality, just a few years later than he was supposed to. Okay, maybe a little more than a few years jeez!

Our first conversation was not very pretty as it should have been as new neighbours but it was umm...you know...hot.

"You're such a pretty boy."

"Who are you?"

"Aww is little baby afraid of talking to strangers, huh?"

"Firstly, I'm not little, I can make you scream louder than your boyfriend. Secondly I am not interested to tell you who am I."

"Ooo fiesty, I see. That attitude doesn't suit baby boys like you honey."

"And that tank top doesn't suit you either mommy, want me to help you out of it?"

"Haha come out of your dreams hun, it's not good in there."

"Don't you worry baby, I can make it better than you can ever imagine."

"I wonder where all that confidence comes from."

"Wanna visit my bedroom and find that out?"

"Okay I legit feel like a pedophile right now. Let's change the topic before I end up cuffing you. Geet, Delhite, ex market analyst and now a writer."

"Sorry sweetie but I only do the top so forget about the cuffs. Anyways, myself Vaibhav, a sophomore student in programming."

"Sophomore student? But you look too young. What are you sixteen?"

"Shut up! I'm nineteen woman, can't you see these sexy facial hair?"

"Welp my bad your highness. Pardon me and dayumm I must agree that those facial hair do look sexy."

"Yeah whatever. But an Ex market analyst? Did they fire you or they found you too hot for the numbers of the nation, eh?

"First of all, swipe that smirk off your face or Imma kick you so hard that you're gonna yeet to my hometown. Secondly, I quit my job to pursue my passion."

"Wow!"

"Impressive huh?"

"No, that's such a stupid thing to do. Christ! Who would quit that dream job for passion and shit?"

"Stop lecturing me kid. You're too young to understand life."

"Oh stop with your maturity crap. I'm old enough to set my priorities right. And how much are you gonna make anyways by selling a few pages of junk, huh?"

"Okay, that's enough I'm not having this conversation with you little shit. Go play xbox I'm a bit busy here."

Anyhow, as I said the conversation was not very pretty and we ended up on bad terms but that wasn't enough to make me dislike him. His beauty seemed far more appealing than his not so appealing words. I ran into Vaibhav in the elevator the next week. I was bound to act cool until he apologized out of nowhere, leaving me clueless.