VI.

Chapter Six - Play the prince act

"Eliot Archibald first win. We'll have to celebrate tomorrow" Vereena said as she slurped the noodle.
"Tomorrow Saturday" Claire told her.
"Oh, oops" she chuckled.

"I was actually thinking we all could hang out or something" Eliot Archibald told him as he sipped his juice.
"Or something works" Claire nodded.

"Besides I can't tomorrow. My mom finally got the day off. That's rare if you hadn't noticed, and Kai is here so sorry i have to decline" She told them.

"What does your mom work as?" The boy asked.
"A nurse. She has to work overtime sometimes because some of them are beginners thinking they can drink and he okay the day after. She's too generous, i tell her you don't have to be nice all the time to them." she explains.

"Are you going to play guitar like you always do?" Vereena asked her.
"You play guitar?" Eliot Archibald.
"She plays guitar, piano, violin. She's talented but she just doesn't want to admit to herself" Vereena answered.
"Can i ever hear you play?" He asked her. "let me think... no" she said with a smile.
The bell rings. They clean up and they go off to their class.

As Claire Valentine was walking on her street she sees Eliot Archibald waiting for her.
"How did you get here faster than me?" She asked him.
"My class is closer to the entrance and i ran here" he chuckled.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him.
"I know you wanted to spend time with your family so during passing period i was texting Vereena and she texted asking Kai if i could- and i know i'm overstepping but I- Claire i want to get to know you" he told her.

"Alright. Come on in, play the prince act" She said and opened the door.
"I'm home!" Claire yelled and Eliot Archibald closed the door.
"Claire you're home- um, that's not Spencer or Scott " She said stopping in her tracks.

Claire sighed, "Mom, this is Eliot Archibald. Eliot Archibald, this is my mom".
"Hi, very nice to meet you" He took out his hand.
"You too Eliot. I'm Susanna Valentine" She shook his hand.

"Archibald!" Kai yelled from the top of the stairs.
"That's me" he smiled. Kai rushed down the stairs.
"So, what's the plan for today mom" Claire smiled at her mom.
"I was thinking takeout and you playing your guitar?" Her mom said giving Claire a cheeky smile.

"I second that".
"I third" Eliot Archibald smiled at her.
Susanna noticed how he looked at her and turn to Kai. He smiled at the two.

"Just because you're here" Claire said causing her mom to squeal in happiness. Susanna gave Claire a hug causing her to smile even wider. She loved when her mom was this happy.

"Okay, Eliot make yourself at home. I'll order, you like Chinese Food?" she asked.
"One of my favorites" he answered with a charming smile.
Claire mom went to go order and they went to sit down on the couch.

"So, Claire agreed. Shocker" Kai joked.
"Yeah, i was surprised too. If she said no, i would've simply sang out her window" He joked.
"That's always your plan. To sing out my window" she told him.
"It works" He told her.
They both chuckled. Susanna came back and they all talked until the Chinese Food came.

"Alright mom, what song?" She ask as she tried to get comfortable.
"Sing the same song you sang for my birthday" She told her with an eager smile.
"Sorry if i'm a little rusty" She told them.

Claire started to play. Eliot Archibald looked at her the way he has never looked at anyone before. With compassion. All he wanted to do if find out about her, everything he could. Her favorite color, what she does when no ones around. How she does things.

"I love you too
Too much to say
More than the nights
More than the days
I love just you
You are, it's true
I love you too"

Claire smiled at her mom while she sang those lyrics. She knew playing any instrument would put a smile on her face. She waited for a while until she sang the next verse. Taking in the moment around her. Her mother was here, along with her brother.

"I love the way
She say my name
Means so much more
Means all the same
All of my
It's been all for you
And I love you too"

As she sang, for a quick moment her eyes met Eliot Archibald. He had a warm smile plastered on his face, along with a spark in his eyes. Kai kept looking at the two. He never seen anyone look at her the way Eliot Archibald looked at his sister.

"I love your hands held close to mine
The way that our fingers all intertwine
I love your hair
And I love those shoes
I love you too"

The last lyric she sang she was smiling at Eliot Archibald. Nothing bad, nothing of that. They kept their trance for a while.

"I haven't heard your beautiful voice in what sees like forever" Her mom said softly.
"You think that's amazing, just wait until she plays the piano" Kai whispered to Eliot Archibald.
"Not today. I already played the guitar. Maybe next time.

She placed her guitar on the couch.
"Oh, my mom just texted me. I have to head home" Eliot Archibald spoke up.
"Let me walk you out" Claire said and they started to walk out the door.

"Thank you, for letting me stay. Also, that voice of yours. It's- It's amazing, Claire really" He told her.
"I'm a little rusty now. I rarely sing" Claire told him.

"Hey" He slightly grabbed her hand.
"I had a lot of fun today". She looked up at him.

"Eliot Archibald... are you falling in love with me" she joked.
"You? A girl who keeps saying no and awfully rude to me. Never" he joked, still holding onto her hand.

She chuckled only to see Eliot Archibald still smiling at her.
"Oh, I see. There is going to be a moment where I can see that you are falling in love with me" She smiled at him.
"I think you're falling in love with me, Claire Valentine" he told her.

"You? A boy who keeps yelling at my window and who is insanely annoying. Never" She went long.