Chapter 14

Mr. Glenn came by to yell at Nana again. I laughed at him and that pissed him off. He seems to think that Devon and I shouldn't be allowed off the property. Well he can kiss my ass and anyone else's. Devon showed right before he left. I think that man is a little afraid of my man. Once lunch was over I decided to take Hammy for a walk on her leach to get her used to it. She did really well. Andy decided that she needed a break from all the figures and her and Nana went shopping leaving me to make dinner. Hammy was down for a nap and I had cleaned our room the bathroom and now I was making fried potatoes and sausage for dinner. You know if I was smart I wouldn't have picked this because that is a lot of potatoes for all of us. Next time I will cheat and deep fry them bitches. I like days like this were I am busy and not making things for my self to do. The days I don't have shit to do is the days I end up cooking up a storm and cleaning everything in sight.

"Hello, Cowell's Ranch, Brayden speaking." I said answering the house phone.

"You didn't answer your cell phone." Mom said.

"Sorry, it's charging and I am cooking. How are you?" I asked.

"Good, we got married yesterday. I am now Mrs. Vince Ruiz." She said sounding sad.

"Mommy, why you sound like you want to cry?" I asked.

"Because my son wasn't here for me. Because I don't feel right and I think I might be pregnant." She said crying.

"Mommy your going to be a mommy." I yelled.

"I am too old to be a mommy again." She whined.

"No your not." I said. I was so happy. I was going to be a big brother.

"Bray, I don't want to be a mommy again. I raised you and I couldn't have asked for a better son. But I am ready to have my own life. I want to do things." She said.

"Then mommy you should have had him wrap it or taken a chill pill." I said.

"Oh shut up." She cried.

"I love you mommy." i said with a sigh.

"I love you too, baby. As soon as I find out for sure I will let you know. I don't know what I am going to do." She said said with a big sigh.

"Mom, look I know it's scary for you but think of it this way. You have a loving supporting husband that is going to be there for you. You are not allow, Vince loves you. He isn't my sperm donor. But you did a fantastic job raising me. I am perfect thanks to you." I said trying not to cry myself now.

"Oh baby, I am so glad I had you all to myself. And I only hope that your right about Vince. You know he was wanting to start traveling. That is all he has talked about for three years now. We waited for you to go off to college so we could." She said.

"Mom if he turns out to be like dad then I will help you. You can move out here and I will be the best big brother ever. I can't wait." I said getting excited.

"Oh honey, I don't think I could move back home. I really don't." She said laughing.

"Sure you could Nana would love to have you home." I said smiling. I kind of hoped Vince jetted. 

"Whatever, so let's stop this talk and you tell me about what is happening with you." She said.

We spent another hour on the phone with me telling her about Devon and Hammy and everything else going on around here. She sounded a lot better after we talked. Now to hurry and set the table before everyone came in to eat dinner. Everyone should have been in by now. Where the hell is everyone? Ford was the first to come in and get washed up he looked tired and cranky. When Devon came in I knew something happened.