Chapter 2

Erza threw Lucy a hammer which she caught as Happy put her down. "Lucy, are you really going to stay mad at him? You know he didn't mean to make you mad" 

 "I know Happy, of course I'm not going to stay mad at him. Just needed to get my point across" "Oh okay, good" he told her feeling relieved. "but don't tell him that" she winked at him putting a finger to her mouth. 

"I gotcha" he replied grinning giving her a thumbs up as he went to help her. 

 " Luce, can you hand me that wood piece over there?" asked Natsu as he pointed to a plank he couldn't' reach but Lucy ignored him. 

"Heeyyy..Luuuce,. hellooo?" he called out, but she had no sign that she had heard him. 

" Oh come on ,are you just going to ignore me and stay mad?, I already said I'm sorry" He couldn't  see her face but Happy did as she had a great big grin on her face . 

She kept her head down and kept hammering away at a piece she was working on. "nahhh, fine, I'll get it myself" he finally said annoyed as he walked past her to get the plank he needed.

 Lucy put a hand over her mouth to cover up her laughter she was trying very hard to not let him hear. "What was that?" he said as his back was to Lucy. She pressed her hand against her mouth as hard as she could as he looked back at her back with a slight grin on his face.

He looked over at Happy who had a humorous look on his face. Seeing Natsu look at him, he mouthed "is she laughing?" to Happy who shrugged knowing Lucy was right in front of him.

 He didn't need to know more as he took the piece he had in his hand and nailed it as he put the hammer down quietly as he crept up behind Lucy.

 "I'm gonna go grab a drink" he lied making his voice sound distant. Lucy took her hand from her mouth letting out a sigh as Natsu jumped behind her scaring. 

"I knew! You weren't mad anymore!, you goof Luce" he joked as he tickled her making her laugh. " You ass..making it sound like you were walking away,ahhhhh" she expressed as he continued to tickle her.

 After another minute, he stopped and stood up holding out a hand to help her up. As she grabbed it, he pulled her into a hug. 

He wrapped his arms around her waist as she put her arms around his neck. 

" I am genuinely sorry for earlier Luce" he apologized. Squeezing his neck, she brought her head back to look at his. 

"It's alright, I know you were just playing, come on , let's get back to work before Erza blows a gasket and kills us" "Right" Natsu agreed as they held each other's hand and went inside to help Gray with his part of the construction.

"Yo ice pop, how are you doing in here?" asked Natsu as they walked in. " shut it hothead," he snarked at him.

 "We came to help Gray..that's what Natsu was trying to say" she told him as she eyed Natsu. "aye" agreed Happy. "Oh well alright, can you help me nail this board Lucy?" 

"Absolutely" she said happily as she walked over to help nail a piece to the wall.

 "Natsu!" "Yipe" he turned his head to see Erza glaring at him. "Yyyess?" he answered nervously. "Get over here and help me" she told him. 

" Uh, yes ma'am!" he said quickly as he scampered to where Erza was making the other three chuckle. Natsu was about to turn to say something when Erza said plainly " don't even try it Natsu, just help me" 

"Yes Erza" in a quiet muffled voice to himself" hmph, I wasn't going to do anything, just give that ice stripper a good knock" 

"What are you muttering?" Erza asked suspiciously. " Oh nothing, come on let's get to work" he said quickly grinning as he helped her carrying pieces up a set of stairs. 

" I hope we finish this job soon, I miss my baby" Lucy thought as they had Nashi left with Mira while they were on this job. 

 They didn't think It would take more then a day but Natsu and Lucy didn't want her near any of the construction tools or in Lucy's case didn't want Natsu tempted to try to teach her how to use a hand tool at 7 years old. 

" Lucy?, hey" he said lightly tapping her on the arm. "Oh im sorry, I must of spaced out." She apologized. 

"Hey, haha it's fine , just making sure you were still with us. I don't need you getting hurt then moron up there will never let me hear the end of it. 

 "You bet your damn ass I wont" they heard from above the stairs. "Jeeze" putting his hands up to his mouth, he yelled up the stairs 

"we weren't even talking about you ,you damn eavesdropper" " I heard you say Lucy , that was enough" 

"WOULD YOU STOP IT NATSU!" All Lucy , Gray and Happy heard next was a loud sound of pain coming from Natsu as she bashed him on top of his head. "oooooh, ouch" Lucy and Gray said making pained faces for Natsu. 

"GET TO WORK YOU TWO!, DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE" "YES MA'AM!!" that shut Lucy and Gray up as they got back to work. 

 They finally finished as the sun started setting. "I'm exhausted" exclaimed Gray. "oooh yeah" agreed Happy as he faceplanted on the ground. 

"I need lots of fishies!" he said muffled making everyone laugh. Erza and Natsu wiped the sweat off their faces. 

Gray didn't have to do much as he used some of his ice magic to cool himself off. "Show off" insulted Natsu. "Hey, what can I say, I'm my own personal cooler." "shut up you damn snowman." "What was that lava breath?" "Hey boneheads, where is Lucy?" Happy asked.