Chapter 28 - Medda

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure they're soulmates, and not the same person?" Anthony whispers to Spot and Albert, but most people heard him.

"You know, sometimes I question the same thing." Hannah states, causing more people to laugh.

"What's next?" Elmer questions.

"I feel like moving around." JoJo states. "Sardines?"

"What in 'the World High school' is that?" Anthony questions.

The boys, other than Davey, in the room laugh. "We're rubbing off on him."

"I'm not sure that's necessarily a good thing." Katherine mumbles, turning towards her girlfriend.

A chorus of 'Aww, shut up, Kath' and 'you know you love us' flies around the boys.

Katherine chuckles, rolling her eyes.

"Sardines is like hide-and-seek, except," Anthony mentally groans when Jack says 'except'. "Only one through three people hide, depending on the group size, and if you find the/a hider, you hide with them."

Anthony nods slowly, his brain only getting more confused. "Why would anyone think of that? Like, I wonder what their thought process was." He states.

The group laughs, again.

"So, how about Hannah, Jack, and Henry pick the hiders?" Tommy boy suggests.

The group nods.

"Romeo." Henry states with a smirk.

Romeo rolls his eyes, shooting him a quick rude finger.

Albert covers Anthony's eyes.

"What happened?" Anthony whispers.

The boys laugh. "We don't want to uninnocent you."

Albert takes his hands off of his eyes.

"You were doing something bad?" Anthony questions.

"Don't worry about it." Albert tells him.

Anthony nods.

"How about Smalls?" Jack suggests.

Smalls nods.

"Anthony, do you want to?" Hannah asks.

Anthony shares a look with a few boys. "Uh- I'll give it a try."

Hannah smiles.

"Great," Finch mumbles, sarcastically. "Let's put the smallest people in the group as the hiders."

The group laughs.

Romeo grabs Anthony's wrist, pulling him up. "Come on!"

"Oh!" Anthony squeaks. "We're going now."

Smalls and Romeo laugh. "Yes, you silly goose. Come on!"

"Dang, I haven't been called a 'silly goose' since I was five." Anthony mumbles.