Chapter 28 - Medda

Start from the beginning

"I can tell you this," Anthony whispers. "I am less like Davey than you know."

Jack shrugs.

"Let's play."

Later

"Okay," Mush starts, as the timer speeds up. "When you're cold, you do this."

"Uh," Blink's mind went blank. "Shake?"

Mush shakes his head. "No, but it's like that. You're like all twitchy and stuff."

"Contract?" Blink questions.

The timer beets obnoxiously, telling them that time was up.

The group starts laughing.

Mush stares at Blink with a 'what did you just guess' face on. "What?!"

"I don't know!" Blink exclaims, throwing his hands up in the air.

"It was shiver, Blink! Shiver!" Mush exclaims, showing him the word. "Where did you get shake and contract?!"

(A/N. On my birthday, I played this game with my sister, grandma, and grandpa. This was a real thing that happened. I don't know what goes through my grandfather's mind sometimes.)

Anthony and Albert were both laughing really hard, while Spot was laughing a bit.

Spot was mainly just listening to his soulmates' wonderful laughs.

Then, it was Anthony, Albert, and Spot's turn.

Anthony held the timer, a little panicked. "Uh, so, if an employee is looking for someone they want- someone to employ, they'll- uh-"

"It's okay," Albert tried to keep himself calm down while the timer went faster. "Just tell us."

"If they need more employees, they'll put up a sign that says-" Anthony stops, rereading the phrase. "This."

"Uh-" Albert and Spot share a look, their minds blanking. "For hire?"

Anthony nods, handing the timer to Finch.

The timer buzzes in Finch's hand before he can speak. "Gosh, darn it!" He exclaims.

The group laughs, along with Anthony, Albert, and Spot as they high-five.

"That always happens to me, no matter who I partner with." Finch mumbles, handing Blink the timer.

"It's not like you partner with anyone other than Tommy boy, nothing against him." Blink mumbles, as he takes the timer, setting it up.

Because there were so many teams, they just had someone be the scorekeeper (today, it was Hannah) on a paper, and they went to seven points.

A few minutes later

Davey said literally three words, and then Jack answered, "Nitrogen."

And then, they handed it to Medda and Hannah, as it buzzed.

Davey, Jack, and Crutchie high-fived, having just won.