I'm in F1

2022

- Tita, I'm home! - Marcus said, just returning from his trip to Switzerland.

Marcus was finishing his third year in F2, with Carlin. It was his best year so far, standing currently in 2nd place, but still fighting for the first against Oscar Piastri.
Either way, he would have enough point for a super license, by the end of the season, and that gave him a chance in F1. Actually, that was what his trip was all about. Still in Ferrari Driver Academy, and being Alfa Romeo's test driver, Marcus had a real chance to be a part of the team for 2023.
The meeting in Switzerland was to discuss the possible details, but the contract should only be signed by the end of the season.

- Marcus? I tried to call you multiple times, why didn't you answer it? - Tita asked worried, since it was the first time she was talking to him since the end of the meeting, hours ago

- I texted you! - he tried to justify himself

- Saying everything was okay, but that's not enough. - she was now mad at him - I wanted to know how the meeting went.

- You're right, I'm sorry. But I wanted to tell you the news in person. I'm in! - he smiled - I'm in F1.

- For real? - she hugged him - God, I'm so proud of you!

- I was supposed to only sign the contract in December, but they thought it was better if it was now, so I am officially an F1 driver for the next year!

Marcus and Tita were living together for the past year. The driver moved to England, which was also better for him since moving to Carlin. That way, the two spent more time together, beside F2 race weekends, where they were already together. At the end of 2021, they made their relationship public, and Marcus fans were super supportive of them.