1-10: Experimentation [M-S]

The moment Hibiki opened his front door, he was ambushed by Maki. While he knelt down to take care of his dog's attention needs, Tristan moved past him to take off his shoes. From the corner of his eye he looked at what Tristan did, at the same time avoiding the occasional attempt at a lick he'd get from Maki.

Once Tristan had neatly put his shoes in the rack, he offered him a hand to get up, and he took it with a smile. Instead of going through all the effort, he kicked off his shoes and pushed them aside with his foot. With a whistle and a gesture he delegated Maki to the dog bed, and only then the relative chaos of coming home faded.

By then he was more focused on Tristan, taking his hand and moving to the couch to sit down. While Tristan sat down the usual way, he moved beside him on his knees, one elbow planted on the back of the couch. He wasn't able to look away, but he couldn't find any good reason why he should, since the sight was so nice. In the dim but warm light, the shadows were deep, and the darkness cast was like a pitfall for his eyes. His sight stumbled past his eyes and cheekbones, and fell into the chasm between slightly parted lips – until just watching couldn't settle his curiosity.

He leant in and pressed his lips against Tristan's. Taking the lead, he opened and closed his mouth in a slow rhythm, which was faithfully obeyed. His fingertips found Tristan's neck, and he could feel the fast and heavy beating even with a light touch. Unable to hide his own relief from finally being able to kiss again, he let out a sigh. It was warm, and close – each inhale filled his head with orange scented fog.

A hand pressed against his chest, but he pushed back against it until his body rested against Tristan's. To do that he had to twist himself slightly, in an angle less than ideal. A few moments long he ignored it, too captivated by the kiss to care. When he did move, it had just become a convenient excuse to sit on his knees over Tristan's lap. He rested both his arms on Tristan's shoulders, his hands on his back.

Slowly he pulled away again, opening his eyes only to see Tristan do the same. A bit of gold reflected in the faint grey. It captivated him more, his heart aching from the sheer attraction. He left a quick, playful bite on Tristan's lower lip and grinned.

"I really liked today."

The softly spoken words made his heart beat a little faster, enticed both by their meaning and gentle voice. He nodded and took it as an excuse for another kiss, wondering if he could ever catch a taste of that voice, and if so, what it would taste like – if it would be sweeter than what he already had.

He felt a light touch on both sides of his chest, grasping him ever so slightly whenever he'd tease with pulling away; a silent confession that he wanted him to continue. In response his hands drifted to Tristan's neck, and although he felt a very slight apprehension, that quickly faded. His fingers found buttons, which were even more appealing to undo. Feeling the button slip through the hole, and then release the tension on the cloth with a satisfying pop excited him, knowing that with each one he got a little closer to what he desired.

A few heavy breaths escaped Tristan, but he wasn't met with any resistance, and for a moment his mind interpreted that as that he could take whatever he wanted, which delighted a darker side of him – before a spark of clarity reminded him that likely the only reason why he wasn't opposed, was because it was Tristan. That wasn't the way he wanted to do this.

Cautiously he glanced up, and found conflicting emotions in Tristan's expression: enticement, pleasure even, in the form of a slight smile, but also nerves and uncertainty in the way that same smile faltered several times in the span of seconds. He pulled his hands away, moving one to Tristan's shoulder, the other to his cheek.