Explanation Chapter

Hi :)

I'm gonna try really hard to explain without confusing anyone. 

Okay so firstly, I would like to establish the fact that no, Junkook did not have schizophrenia. 

So basically, schizophrenia is a disorder that affects people's ability to be in touch with reality. This means that people with this disorder often experience hallucinations. 

Now, throughout the book you can see Jungkook's mum is taking him to the doctor and making him take medication for this disorder. This is because she has convinced everyone that Jungkook is really hallucinating and imagining "the boy in the mirror".  

However, although Jungkook is not really schizophrenic, the medication he takes due to this alleged disorder he has obviously affects his brain since he doesn't require it in the first place. The medication makes him act a bit strange. 

Okay now onto the mother. She was basically manipulating Jungkook (and everyone else) into believing he is mentally ill. She made it seem like Jungkook was just hallucinating about  Taehyung's existence but in reality he was not.

Jungkook's mother in this case is a kidnapper and she kidnapped Taehyung. (This part isn't very evident in the story). 

The "mirror" that Jungkook looks at is in fact not a mirror but more like a window kind of thing to the room that Taehyung is being held captive in. Now since Jungkook is being drugged by those meds and is so out of it, he doesn't really understand this fact and believes he is just seeing another face in the mirror. 

Jungkook's mother's plan was to make her son believe he was so ill to the point that he needed to be put in a psychiatric ward. This way she can continue to keep Taehyung captive without the risk of Jungkook doing anything. 

Next we go to Jimin. He is simply a caretaker at the psychiatric ward that Jungkook was later put in.  In that one episode he see's a piece of paper on the ground. This was the "missing poster" of Taehyung, the boy in the mirror. 

Later, (coincidentally), Jimin happens to be Jk's care taker (or nurse). Jk describes Tae to Jimin as the boy in the mirror and initially, Jimin, like everyone else, believes that Jk is just insane. But then Jk finally reveal that the boy's name is Kim Taehyung. Jimin realises that Jk is talking about the same boy that is in the missing poster. 

So in simpler terms. 

Jungkook is not crazy. The mirror was more of a window to another room. And Taehyung is real and he has been kidnapped by Jungkook's mum. 

The reason for the kidnapping is something that i'll leave to your imagination. 😎

Anyways, hope you get it a bit better. I feel like I missed some details so if you're still confused, just ask me and I'll answer it. Thank you for reading!!