Foreword

STARS THAT SOUGHT THE SEA.

Shell shocked and suffering from achromatopsia, 1st Lieutenant Daniyal El Gohary's world has become a monochromatic and solitary one. After three years of servicing in the war, he is finally free to return to his ancestral home in Alexandria.

Lady Sabreen Hassan, an unusual soul for her era, hates nothing more than being a debutante. Aching for freedom and adventure instead of a conventional marital life, she pursues her passion for art, in exchange to getting engaged to a man she doesn't love whom her dominating father had arranged for her.

When Daniyal meets Sabreen, his mother's new successor for her art workshop, he's stunned to not only see colours again through her drawings, but also feel a connection to another human being for the first time in years. Sabreen can't get the charming lieutenant out of her mind either, even if she knows too much to consider a match. If the two want a shot at the kind of happiness they never thought they'd be able to have, they must find a way to navigate their prejudices and their feelings for each other.

NOTE: ALL OF THE CHARACTERS, PLACES, AND NAMES ARE FICTIONAL. ANY CORRELATION WILL EITHER BE EXPLAINED, ARE PART OF THE EXISTING PLOTLINE, OR COINCIDENTAL. NOT EVERYTHING WILL BE HISTORICALLY ACCURATE OR AS ACCURATE AS PREFERRED.