21

Huening Kai having a down expression while walking along the streets with his shoulder all down

Huening Kai having a down expression while walking along the streets with his shoulder all down. He'd sometimes bump into anyone on his way for he was too focused on thinking about something, and he only beam a small apologetic smile to those people he bumped into.

Until he bumped into someone taller than him, that made him and that someone he bumped into both stopped, "Look where you're going---"

The man was about to scold him, but then soon enough he realized the familiar figure and face of the guy that accidentally hit his shoulder.

"Huening Kai?" Soobin asked, rapidly removing Yeonjun's grasp on his hand for them to not get caught by Huening Kai.

"w-we're not dating, okay!? We are just hanging out as friends---" Soobin denied while shaking his head rapidly and waving his hands a 'no'. Yeonjun glared at him in return and even elbowed him to make him stop.

Yeonjun looked at Huening Kai with full concern shown in his eyes.

"Are you okay---" Yeonjun doesn't need to ask the obvious, because just by looking at Huening Kai's actions and his eyes, tells everything.

"Hyung, the thing in here is aching.... what does it mean?" Huening Kai asked while touching his left chest. Barely hearing his voice for it was so weak to be heard.

Yeonjun and Soobin looked at each other with both pitiful eyes for the latter infront of them, being all sad and down.

"I don't know what happened to you... but all I'm sure is that you're hurting... perhaps, did my sister hurt you?" Yeonjun asked concernedly, patting Huening Kai's shoulder to comfort him.

They walked towards some waiting shed, and sat there while they listen to Huening Kai's rant. "Yes, but she's not aware of that"

"you like y/n!?" Soobin's mouth agape as he accidentally shout it out loud, Yeonjun, again, elbowed him to stop him from further making reactions, as he smack him with a death glare.

"What happened to your supposed to be date?"  Yeonjun asked instead, to change the awkward atmosphere Soobin brought.

Huening Kai heave a deep sigh of disbelief before answering the question, "Taehyun went instead"

Yeonjun's eyes widened, he even pushed Soobin away to move closer to Huening Kai after what he said, "What!?"

"I even saw her wearing a blue dress and talking with him with bright smile. Pshh, I really thought she wore a dress for me" Huening Kai disappointedly sighed again for about nth time this day, looking all down, remembering the picture he captured in his mind when y/n and Taehyun were talking in the park.

But he couldn't help but to smile at the thought of seeing y/n for the first time wearing a dress that suited her well.

On the other hand, Yeonjun's eyes squinted at what's Huening Kai testimony is. Until he finally processed it inside his mind and finally gathered all the puzzle pieces hints.

"But she really wore it for today! For you!" Yeonjun explained, defending his sister for the misunderstanding that had lead.

"Then why does Taehyun is there!?" Huening Kai ruffled his slender fingers onto his hair, as he got frustrated once he finally knew the truth.

"Oh, Taehyun told me earlier he was about to go to the mall today. Maybe Taehyun saw her waiting there and approached her" Soobin spilled out what he knows, and shrugged.

Huening Kai's face literally went all blank after hearing what they said. He regretted even misunderstanding the situation only because he thought y/n invited Taehyun over too when infact it was supposed to be a date just for the both of them.

'it was all your fault for making her wait" Yeonjun jokingly said while shaking his head disappointedly.

"I was only 3 minutes late!" Huening Kai denied while frustratedly messing with his hair.

Before his anger grow any further, Yeonjun encouraged him, "Go get my sister back."

Huening Kai looked away at nothing in particular, thinking if he should really go back there and continue the postponed date.

He knew that Taehyun is going to be a one tough competition to beat. More or less, he's one of his best friends, and to think that y/n once had a little crush on him before or maybe even until now.

"If you don't... It's your lost" Yeonjun significantly said, scaring Huening Kai with his words of wisdom.

He seemed to realized what Yeonjun had said. He realized how much love can change a person all of a sudden. Just like him, he never knew and never imagined that he will chase a girl and fight with his best friend just to get a girl.

Huening Kai's face was coursing in determination, but mixed with anxious that y/n might only reject him and choose Taehyun over him. But he had set his mind already, he will confess his feelings once he approached y/n. And no one on earth could stop him.

'It's now or never' right now, all he could ever think of is that line. To confess, or to regret everything in the near future. To risk for a truth, or to be silent forever, living with what ifs.

Without any words Huening Kai released from his mouth. He gained all the courage to start walking towards the park again, and walked away from Yeonjun and Soobin without even saying anything.

"You can do it Huening Kai! Win my sister's heart!" Yeonjun yelled shamelessly while waving his hand to encourage Huening Kai more, but instead of Huening KAi looking back at him, only those people who are walking pass by them are the ones who caught their attention to Yeonjun.

Soobin shifted his eyes on the elder and asked, "Does he really like y/n that much?"

Yeonjun smiled and nodded as a response.

"And Taehyun liked her too!?" Soobin asked with his eyes all widened.

Yeonjun only shrugged, for he's not that sure about Taehyun since he doesn't talk to him about it at all. But he can sense that maybe he like her somehow.

"Oh... may I tell you something---"

"i know i know. You liked my sister too before" yeonjun said while annoyingly covering his ears with his hands, couldn't barely wanted to hear him say those words out loud.

Soobin's eyes widened and mouth agape, "What!? You knew!?"

Yeonjun sighed and proudly nodded before saying, "That's why I asked Huening Kai to find her match. Because I knew you might flirt with her"

"And no one... even my sister can end up with you except me."

........

my yeonbin heart just did a thing--- bye.