04

ever since I turned 16, I became more observant than before

ever since I turned 16, I became more observant than before. I suddenly became that person who has that unique gift who can see strings for people who are connected with each other.

strings that are attached in their ring finger and connected to that someone they are meant to be with. I already ask some of my friends, if they are seeing what I can able to see. But they don't. That is when I thought that me myself is special.

Black strings are meant for both people who are meant to leave each other in the future. Purple strings for best friends forever. Orange strings are meant for people who will eventually meet sooner or later and became friends after. And lastly, is the red string.

Red strings, as red represents love. Red strings are meant for people who are destined for each other. In other words, they are soulmates.

Being a matchmaker all started when I suddenly proved that my unique ability is true and I'm not just a crazy young man who's making such stories. I saw my auntie's ring finger having a red string and it is connected to her own boss in their office. And then exactly from being enemies they became lovers. And now, they are married.

People started believing in me. I started finding their match with that ability of mine. It's an easy money for me, I gained money with those desperate people who wanted to find their match as soon as possible.

But one thing I'm curious about is that I cannot see any strings attached on my ring finger. I don't know if it's just really don't work to me or probably I don't have any match? Am I going to get old as single?

"Yah! Huening Kai!!" i almost jolted when a familiar loud and paranoid voice suddenly came in between.

I looked at that someone who called me, and I knew it. It is that y/n girl who's almost getting into my nerves.

I called her yesterday, saying that I can no longer help her since it's too hard for me to find her match. She's something different than any other ordinary people I had seen. So I ended up meeting with her today after her class. Guess what, her class ended so suddenly.

"What did you just said that you can't find my match, huh!?"

So that's it? Even a hi or hello or maybe 'how's your day' won't work for her? I can't believe this girl. She's asking for a boyfriend yet she does seemed like no experience with a boy yet. There's no blot of sweetness in her actions. Literally just an annoying girl a guy will never fall for.

"yeah, I'm sorry to say this but I can't help you" I told her with my expressionless face.

I want to tell her the reason why. But I do think that the more I gave her reasons , the more she will freak out.

I can see red string attached to her, but when I followed the string it suddenly faded. Whenever I'm close to her, I can see the red string fully as if it's as red as blood. But when I suddenly moved away from her, it will suddenly fade.

I don't even know what's the meaning of that. So I can't help her at all.

"so how's the 'The greatest matchmaker' they say, huh?" She mocked me that made my head slowly turned to look at her.

"I am the greatest matchmaker. But my techniques don't work for you" I reasoned out.

"Well why is that?"

"I don't know. Maybe that's because you don't have any soulmate at all? You'll get old as an old maiden"

I joked, and I wanted to cackle when I saw how her face turned red in anger. She even gave me a death glare, and that gave me chills, can't lie.

"you will damn find my match or else---"

"or else what!?" I asked her, with that fighting spirit and war freak tone of mine.

i'm not afraid of anything she's planning to. Besides, she doesn't even know me. She doesn't even know what I'm capable of doing of.

"I'm gonna ruin you" she emphasized every word to make it sound intimidating.

My eyebrows raised and she looked at me with a try-me look. And this time, I already confirmed it that she's the most annoying person I've ever seen.

"I'm going to make your future dark history. I will tell them how you did turned back on one of your clients. And we will see it then if you will still be called as the greatest matchmaker" she blackmailed me as a small smirk crept on her face.

how can this small creature blackmail a tall handsome guy like me?

"try me! You damn scammer!" She started yelling which causes a scene to every students who are just peacefully walking passed by us.

I rolled my eyes in frustration as I held her hand to stop her from making a scandalous situation inside our school.

"fine! Fine! I'll still try to find your match! But if ever I really can't, it's over. Deal?" I made an agreement with her brother, Yeonjun is one of my friends. And I already promised him the same thing. Aish, I thought it will be as easy peesy to find his sister's match. I didn't know it will end up like this.

She looked up at me, then a smirk suddenly flashed on her face as she decidedly answered "Deal!" before harshly pushing my left hand which was holding her hand earlier.

Damn, this girl is crazy.

.....