•First casuality•

𐀔

"Hello~?"

Ikkaku groaned in response, it had been oddly quiet for some time, and now he's heard a woman saying hello for the past few minutes.

"Third seat of the eleventh division, Ikkaku Madarame~?"

His eyes snapped open at the familiar tone of the voice. Through Ikkaku's bleary vision, he could see blurry blotches of your hair color before it soon became clear that you were hovering over him. You smiled as you finally managed to wake him up, and you pulled back as his eyes were fixated on you.

"Good morning. Are you feeling alright?"

"Captain Kocho, what're you doing here?!"

"I happened to come across your unconscious body on the outskirts of my division. You are now in the fourth division's medical ward."

You explained, pointing at the fourth division member cleaning their equipment. You pulled the seat beside you and sat on it, placing your hands on your lap with a kind smile.

"I should be letting you rest, but I had them give you a level two healing procedure. You should be feeling better the next day, but I have a question to ask,"

You briefly added before opening your eyes to stare into his. Ikkaku knew what you would ask and tried to sit up but groaned in pain.

"You idiot, you shouldn't be standing up."

A chilling voice scolded from the shadows. He emerged from the dark to reveal himself, black and spikey hair tied into a thick braid that he lays over on his right shoulder with bangs covering most of the right side of his face, with moles under his eyes like yours. He wore an identical butterfly hairpin like yours and pinned it on the right side of his head.

The brightly colored hairpiece looks out of place for a scary-looking dude like him. He wore the standard shinigami uniform with his sword attached to his hip, but he wore a white lab coat.

"Don't be too harsh on him, Kawachi-Chan."

"I wasn't, though."

He spoke without much thought before he pushed Ikkaku back into bed. Ikkaku groans from his harsh touch.

"I'll be more careful, President Kawachi."

Kawachi was in charge of manufacturing medical equipment and medicine that would be distributed to the fourth division, which was one of the main tasks of the fourteen divisions. You kicked him in the calf and cleared your throat.

"Ikkaku, even if I know it's prohibited to interrogate- no—question injured patients. I think this should be an exception, no?"

"What is it, Captain?"

You looked at him with a kind grin, but Ikkaku knew it was an 'interrogation' grin.

"Tell me all you know of the Ryoka."

"Forgive me, but—there is nothing I can say."

You and Kawachi were slightly confused by his response, but Kawachi managed to regain his composure and glare at Ikkaku.

"What the hell do you mean by that? Weren't you the one who encountered one of the enemies?"