•The Breach of the Soul Society•

𐀔

"So—do you have anything to say, Ichimaru?"

The head captain asked, looking at Gin, but his smile grew wider.

"I have nothing to say!"

"—excuse me?"

"I have no excuse. I made a mistake. I won't try to justify my carelessness."

Gin says, scratching his and looking at his floor with a sheepish expression, and you sigh in disappointment.

"Alright, you will be punished, however—"

"Hold on a second—Ichimaru."

Aizen spoke, but before he could say anything, the alarm rang off, diverting your attention to the source of the sound.

"Alert! Alert! Intruders in the city! All personnel should report to their stations!!"

"Intruders?! In the Sereitei!?"

"Are they the Ryokas'?!"

And like the wind, Zaraki ran out of the doors like a bull seeing the red cloth in front of him.

"Wait, Zaraki! We're not-"

"Don't bother, Aizen. The man is already out the door—he won't listen to you. After all, some enemies need to be dealt with."

You said with a smile, and he closed his mouth and nodded silently. You looked at the open door. You couldn't help but sigh in disappointment at Zaraki's impulsive behavior in defeating an enemy.

"—It can't be helped—the meeting will be postponed as of this moment! We will decide on Ichimaru's punishment later. Everyone, please return to your defense station for now."

The head captain orders and all of you swiftly turn your back and head for the door, but you step away for the others to go ahead. Unohana took notice and stopped in her tracks.

"(Name)?"

"Please go on ahead, Captain Unohana. You needn't worry."

You reassured your superior with a smile, and she nodded before leaving. You then looked at Ichimaru with your smile gone and your closed eyes now open and bored into his.

"That alarm had quite impeccable timing, no?"

"Dear Captain, I know you're not one for small talk, so please, do get to the point."

"—This issue is that you let go of that Ryoka, Gin."

You spoke, the corners of your smile slightly tipping down as you glared sternly at the fox-eyed man.

"There isn't much I can, truly. I got too overconfident with my abilities and thought one hit would be enough."

"And you weren't able to sense their spiritual presence? Not even the faintest hint of it?"

"I got too hung up on my head. I'm truly sorry, Sensei." You sighed and walked passed him with a fleeting glance.

"Hn."