Chapter 11

*Warning* *Triggering Material*

Steve cut the zip ties and shoved me in the bathroom. I looked in every drawer and cabinets to find anything to use against him. Hair spray, I could use that as mace, and a razor blade. I hid the blade in my hair pinned with a bobby-pin.

I walked out and was stunned at what I saw. In his bedroom a wall was covered with pictures of me. Pictures of me walking down a street or in the park. Coming and going from stores and my apartment. I saw pictures of Chris and I. One picture I was in mid laugh and Chris was kissing my cheek. One picture caught my attention, it was Chris and I and I had my legs wrapped around his waist. Recognition hit me, this was taken just yesterday when Chris and I were having some adult fun on the balcony.

"I can give you a better orgasm than he can," Steve's breath was on my neck. "I can make you happy, Amelia."

I took advantage of him being close and sprayed him in the face with the hair spray. I ran to the front door and almost went through before I was grabbed by the back of the neck.

Steve pinned me against the wall with his hand on my throat increasing his pressure. Oh god, I thought, I could feel that he was excited. Please, please don't let him do anything to me.

"Amelia, you're such a bad girl," I could feel him grinning against my cheek. "You're so sexy when you dance and you could be my slut. After, you won't remember who Chris Evans is."

A whimper escaped and Steve but more pressure on my neck. Adrenaline kicked in and I slammed my heel into his foot and then kneed him in the groin. He doubled over and I ran out the door and ran as fast I could. I ran into a wooded area, damn this psycho took me upstate. Even though being spring the nights are still freezing. The clothes I'm wearing are doing very little from protecting me from the elements.

I just have to keep going until I find the road or bump into any sign of life. Steve is probably five minutes behind me. I finally saw the road but I stuck to the shadows of the woods.

The woods ended and I took a second before I walked out. I had to take off my shoes while I was in the woods and I could feel rawness of my feet against the cold asphalt.

I came across a small convenience store and I began to run. When I got to the door it was locked. It wasn't going to stop me from salvation. I took my heel and broke the window. I frantically looked for a phone. I called 911 and told them everything. They told me to find somewhere safe until the police came.

I quickly dialed Chris. His voice filled me with relief and I began to cry. "Baby, where are you," Chris asked me.

"I...don't know." I looked and tried to find anything, "The police said they tracked my location but...oh, here's some mail. Oh my god, I'm near the Canadian border." I told Chris the exact address and he said he was on his way.

I brought the phone to the bathroom and locked myself in. "Baby," Chris said, "I know you're scared and I'm so sorry for not protecting you."

As I was about to tell it wasn't his fault, I heard Steve calling for me, "Oh my god, Chris, he's here." I looked in the bathroom and saw a can of air freshener.

Steve started to bang on the door and I felt helpless. "Chris," I tried my best to control my crying, "I know we haven't known each other for long but you're the best thing that has happened to me. I love you."

"Mia," his voice was full with emotion. I didn't get to hear what he was going to say because Steve broke the through the door.

I screamed and dropped the phone. I sprayed Steve in the face and pushed him to wall. I got back to the front of the store before getting tackled to the ground.

Steve flipped me on my back and proceeded to choke me. "If I can't have you than no one can!" I struggled and try my best scratch him and then I remembered the blade. I got it and I swung at his face.

I made contact with his cheek and he yelped in shock and released his hold. I took advantage and pushed him off. I scrambled to get up and ran outside.

Just before I jumped into his car, I heard a gun go off and then the car window shattered. I looked behind me and there was Steve from the door way with blood dripping down his face.

"We can do this the hard way or the easy way!" I put my hands up and let the blade fall. "Good girl," Steve said as he gave a light kiss on the cheek.

I need to stall him as long as I can so the police can find me. Thankfully, there was a snap of wood coming from the woods and Steve turned and that is when I reached for his gun.

The gun fell from his hands and with all my might I punched him in the face. I reached for the gun and pointed it at him.

"Come on sweetheart," Steve said, "you're not going to shoot me."

I aimed past him and pulled the trigger. "You must've known I'm from Texas. I was raised around guns."

I held him for another minute before I heard sirens and in a matter of seconds we were surrounded by police.

"I'm a cop," Steve yelled, "I've been trying apprehend this subject for robbery."

"Put the weapon down," a police officer yelled. I did what I was told and got on my knees and put my hands on my head.

Then a roar of a helicopter made the scene even more dramatic. Police officers rushed Steve and placed in him handcuffs. I was ushered to an ambulance. I was wrapped in a space blanket and being asked all these questions. I just stared blankly ahead.

My eyes focused and I saw Chris running towards me. I felt like a brick wall came off my chest and I began to sob in his arms.

"Shhh, it's okay baby, it's okay. You're safe now."