Chapter 5

"What the hell!" Chris shouted over the phone. He called just as I got in my apartment. "That's bullshit! I can't believe your boss just did that!"

"Yeah, it is but I'm not too upset about it. It wasn't my dream job and maybe I can try to find it now."

"I'm sorry, beautiful, you shouldn't had to choose me and your job."

"It was no choice at all. I respect your privacy and mine." There was a pause, "you know it's a matter of time that the media finds out my second job. Are you okay about that? I know the tabloids, they're going to say some pretty nasty things about it."

"I don't care about that. As long as I know the truth, that's all it matters."

Chris had to go as he was about to start an interview. I began writing in my blog about the events that occurred as well as the interviews I did with the Marvel crew. I sent the link to Chris and few hours later I saw that I had over two million views. I grabbed my phone and saw I had several notifications from Twitter and Instagram.

Apparently, my boyfriend had shared the link on his Twitter and Instagram and tagged me. Then my post was shared by the Marvel crew. I even have a go fund me account that was at two thousand and climbing. What the fuck, I thought and then went to the description.

"Amelia Peres just tried to live her life as any woman would do and not share her life story and have the media rip it to shreds. Let's help her as she tries to find a job that would appreciate her talents."

I contacted the person who created the account and sent her a long appreciated email. I told her that I would like all the proceeds to go a nonprofit organization. Also how much it means to me for her to begin this and to never stop helping people.

An hour later my email was posted with a #captainamericagirlfriend and it was trending. My phone would not stop ringing. I was getting phone calls from people I haven't talked to since high school. My mom freaked out and was rambling in Spanish until she calmed down.

Then Chris finally FaceTime me. Looked like he just got out of the shower and was shirtless. "So how's Captain America's girlfriend doing?"

I rolled my eyes, "You already saw that?"

"Yeah, Mackie showed me when we were leaving."

"I think I'm more exhausted then working a full day. My phone wouldn't stop going off."

"I'm the one to blame," he said as he adjusted the pillow behind him. "I was just so infuriated about the situation."

"I just hope the magazine doesn't get too much heat. I would hate for them to suffer."

Chris chuckled, "You are the most purest person I have ever met. Aren't you suppose to be at the lounge?"

"My boss called and told me to take the night off. He didn't want me to become unsafe while working. He's worried the place was going to be packed to see Captain America's girlfriend. So he wanted to get more security for the rest of the week."

"I'm sorry babe," Chris said, "I didn't mean to put a wedge in your life."

"Chris," I said sternly, "you are a great man and I am so happy that I met you. I have zero regrets."

Chris smiled and then we began talking about my blog and what topics I could write about. An hour and half later we hung up.

It was near midnight when I heard a knock at my door. Strange, I thought, who could that be this late? I looked through the peephole and saw no one. I slowly opened the door and there was single red rose in the doorway.

Something didn't feel right so I took a picture and sent it to Chris. With a text, "You wouldn't happen to be the one to send this to me?"

A second later he called, "No, that wasn't me. Is there a note?" I carefully picked it up and saw nothing. "Leave it outside and make sure you lock your door and windows."

I checked my windows and made sure the blinds were in place. "I'm sure it's nothing and we're just overreacting," I thought out loud. Chris agreed and we said goodnight again.

When I left my apartment building, I was bombarded by paparazzi and they asked questions about Chris and I. I made my face look indifferent and hailed a cab.

It seemed that the paparazzi followed me to the club and just as promised, Mark, the owner of the club, had security outside. The two walls of men blocked the paparazzi from coming in.

"So how's Captain America in bed," my friend Cherry asked as I got dressed into my black booty shorts and a silk green corset top.

"One, I would not tell you that. Hashtag Captain America is Christian Grey would be trending before I stepped in the lounge," I touched up my lipstick. "And two I would like to keep something for myself."

"So he's Christian Grey type?"

I rolled my eyes, of course that would be the only thing she heard. "No, at least I don't think so. We're taking things slow. That's the only thing you'll get about the subject."

Work was uneventful and when I left the paparazzi weren't waiting for me. When I arrived home, outside my door was a single red rose. Underneath it was a note that said, "Mine" in red marker. I took a picture and got into my apartment without touching it.

I sent the picture to Chris but since it was two in the morning, he won't see it till tomorrow. I called the police and asked if anything could be done. They asked if anybody strange had approached me, no I told them. Have I been getting strange phone calls, again no. They just summoned it up to a prank but if anything happens to call back.

I was just drifting off to sleep when I heard a knock at my door. I slowly got up and try not to make much noise as I approached the door. Just as I was going to look in the peephole, whoever it was banged on my door that it shook in the door jam. I covered my mouth before I could let a sound escape.

I stood there for what felt like forever and the banging happened again. I ran to my bed and went for my phone. I was about to call the police when my phone rang. Chris's name flashed and I was filled with relief.

"Baby, are you okay," Chris asked as he could tell I was trying to control my breathing.

I was able to tell him what just happened. "I'm buying you a ticket. I need you to be here with me. I need to make sure you're safe."

I wanted to tell him that I will be okay and that I can't just leave but I was frightened and a vacation doesn't sound too bad.

I got a couple of bags ready and got ready to go to Los Angeles.