Chapter 4

"I would invite you to my place for a nightcap but my apartment is a shoebox," I said to Chris as I placed all my bobby-pins in my gym bag.

"It's okay, I would invite you to my condo, I just didn't want you think there was an ulterior motive behind it," Chris said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I laughed, "Duly noted. I would love to have a nightcap at your place."

We drove in silence and when we arrived to his building there was some paparazzi right outside the door. "Damn it," Chris said under his breath. "It's okay there's an entrance in the underground parking lot."

We reached the top floor and the view from his balcony is amazing. "This view is breathtaking," I exclaimed and took the whiskey from him.

"I couldn't agree more," he said as his blue eyes never left me.

"Does that work on all the girls," I gave him a smirk and took a sip of the drink.

Chris chuckled, "Honest truth, you're the only one I have brought here. I would hate to bring a crazed fan and then they become a crazed stalker."

"And you think that I won't become one," I asked as I got closer to him.

"I truly believe that you are the most genuine person I have met in a very long time. Also you are incredibly intelligent and gorgeous."

He was standing so close to me that I could feel his breath against my cheek. Then over the speaker on his balcony started to play the song that Steve and Peggy danced at the end of the last Avengers movie.

I laughed, "Did you plan this?"

Chris looked slightly embarrassed, "I might have. Do you mind having this dance? I think I found the right partner."

I tried my hardest to not go crazy fan girl as Chris pulled a line from the movies and that I'm dancing with Captain America to the most iconic song. If this is a dream, I hope I never wake up from it.

I looked up at Chris, "I had such a wonderful time with you today, thank you."

"I should be the one to be thanking you," he said, our lips were super close. "It's hard to find someone that is so captivating as you are."

Thankfully the lighting is low and he can't see how badly I was blushing. Then it happened, he pressed his lips against mine and I felt electricity go through me. I don't know if it's because my brain is in shock that I'm kissing a man that I have seen in movies or it was the man himself.

The kiss got a little out of control and by the time my common sense caught up, I have been pushed up against the wall and my legs had been wrapped around his waist. I started to slow down the kiss and placed my feet back on the ground.

"I'm sorry, I got carried away," Chris said in a husky voice.

"You weren't the only one," I said as I straighten my dress. "I should be going."

"Can I see you again," he asked as I booked a cab.

"Tomorrow I will be free."

"That would be perfect. It will be my last day in New York until next week."

Chris kissed me goodnight and I saw some flashes go off. Then I was ushered into the cab.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday was perfect. Chris and I spent the day together. He took me out to his favorite brunch place and then we went to a history and art museum. It was the best day I have spent in New York since moving here almost two years ago.

The day was ending and Chris and I were back at his place. We just finished eating Chinese takeout and sat on the couch watching a movie. I had to convince him to watch the first Captain America movie.

"So what does your weekdays look like," Chris said as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"I work at the magazine till six then I work at the club till almost midnight."

"I hope I get to hear from you whenever you can," he then kissed my cheek.

While we were at the art museum and discussing one of the paintings, Chris looked right in the eyes and asked me to be his girlfriend. Granted he said he felt like he was back in high school and he twirled me around when I said yes.

Eventually, I had to say goodbye and go back to my apartment. Out of boredom I went on Facebook and I saw that I was tagged in some posts. It was a picture of me and Chris outside his condos and outside the museums. All of my friends were asking if that was me. I didn't respond, as Chris and I already discussed it. I wasn't going to play into the media.

The next day at work I had a note from my boss to go straight to her office. "So you and Chris Evans?" She asked as she placed some pictures in front of me.

"Um, yeah, we kind of hit it off at the interview."

"Well, I'm happy for you. I would like a full story about him. What he likes, what he dislikes, dreams etc. I want the full scoop."

I scrunched my nose in disgust, "You want me to expose everything on my boyfriend?"

"Yes, do you know how much readers we would get? We would be the number one magazine!"

"I won't do it.  He's a private person and our relationship isn't for everyone's viewing. I will do the article you told me to and that's it."

"If you want to stay as a writer then you will do this," she sat down and took off her reading glasses.

I sat there for a little bit not thinking about if I want to keep my job but how much savings I have. About six or seven months is long enough before I had to find another job.

"I'll go pack up my desk right now," I got up and walked to my desk. Five minutes later, I was in the elevator and texting Chris on what happened.