Chapter 8

I texted Chris the picture and told him about the phone call. He called a minute later and I could tell he was worried. On his instructions, I went back to the store until he came and get me.

While waiting I couldn't help myself and look around. I found a green sweetheart neckline dress the skirt was a little puffy and the sleeves went to my elbows. I found a matching green pair of heels.

As I was trying to convince myself that I don't need the matching necklace, I heard people gasping. I looked up and saw bright blue eyes staring right at me.

Chris bent down and kissed me and I heard the woman in the store swoon. "Hey babe," he whispered, "let's get out of here." After arguing a bit of him paying for my things we went up to cashier and I couldn't help but giggle a little at the star struck look the girl had.

"I called the police and they said they will have a detective waiting in the hotel lobby," Chris said as he kissed my cheek gently. "I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to you."

"Hey," I put my hand to his face, "nothing is going to happen. I'm scrappy and I will have you on my side."

Chris chuckled, "I really like you."

"Eh, you're okay," I try to say in a straight face. Chris then pursued to tickle me, "Okay, okay, I might like you too."

We spoke to the detective for about an hour and in conclusion there wasn't a lot we can do. There hasn't been direct contact and no threats. It was recommended for me to change my number and watch my surroundings.

"Unbelievable," Chris said as we got back to the room, "nothing will get done until you get hurt or..."

I walked up to him and placed my hands on his face, "Nothing is going to happen. We'll change my number and hopefully these strange calls will stop."

We ended having lunch at the hotel restaurant and he talked about how the interviewers were trying to ask more in-depth questions.

By the time we were done Chris had to go the studio to film Conan. Chris's publicist said that I can go and get ready in the studio as well.

I ended up getting the celebrity treatment and got my hair and makeup professionally done. Chris and I joked and played around the whole time. Then Conan came in the dressing room.

"Chris! It is so great to have you back on the show," I had no idea how tall he is in person. "I heard you brought someone special."

I stood up and shook his hand, "Hi, I'm Amelia Peres."

"What is a gorgeous woman like you doing with a frumpy guy like Evans?"

I laughed, "Well, I am the what's on the inside counts kind of gal."

"Spunky! I like her," then he left us alone once more.

"Before you know it," Chris said as he put his arms around my waist, "everyone is going to love you."

"The only person I care who thinks of me is standing right in front of me."

Once again I ended up joining the stage and asked how it is to be with the Chris Evans. Now I know how annoying it is to be asked the same questions over and over.

The rest of the days in LA were great and I didn't receive any more strange calls after changing my number.

Chris and I were heading back to New York. Let's just say first class is fantastic.

"Why can't you just stay here," Chris asked as he pouted.

"Well first, I need to get new clothes and aren't you tired of me yet?"

"I could never be tired of you. I can make you tired," he said with a wink.

I laughed, "How about you come with me to get clothes and I can do our laundry when we get back."

When we arrived to my apartment my door was slightly opened. I was just about to go in when Chris stopped me and went in first. I followed closely behind him and was shocked at what I saw.

My whole apartment was trashed. The small couch was overturned with gashes through all the cushions. My bed was slashed and the blankets were torn. Photos of friends and family were smashed.

"I need the police, my girlfriend's apartment has been broken into." I heard Chris say but I couldn't pay attention as I kept looking at the disaster of what use to my home.

I went to the bathroom and on the mirror "whore" was written in red lipstick. I went back to my bed and that is when I saw a pile of my underwear ripped up. Looking a little closer I saw a dry white substance.

My stomach twisted as I realized what it was. The psycho masturbated on my things. I barely made it to the kitchen sink before I threw up. Chris rubbed my back and tell me that I'm safe with him.

The police finally came and took pictures of everything. Then a detective came in to ask me questions. "I see that you made a call last week," he stated. "Tell me about it."

I told him everything that happened and what had happened in LA. "Well Ms. Peres, it seems you might have a stalker."

"A stalker followed all the way to LA?"

"Yes ma'am they will do anything to get their fix, so to speak."

After the cops left, I salvage anything I could. Chris had called Sebastian to come and help as well as Scarlett.

Scarlett gave me a huge hug when she saw me. "It's going to be okay, besides this gives an excuse to go shopping."

I chuckled and started to gather my things. Chris, of course, insisted that I stay with him. I tired to say that we've only been together for a week and now we're basically moving in. He wouldn't hear it, he just wants me to be safe.

Thankfully none of my lounge costumes were touched. Some of the stuff there are priceless. I did see my Captain America lingerie was shredded to pieces. No doubt a sign that this psycho didn't approve my relationship.

By the time we all got back to Chris's condo, I was exhausted. "You know, I don't have any press this weekend, why don't I take you to Boston?"

When I didn't say anything Chris kneeled in front of me, "Hey sweetheart," he rubbed my cheek with his thumb. "Everything is going to be okay. No one is going to hurt you, I promise."

I couldn't help a lone tear from falling and Chris wiped it away. "I would love to go," I finally said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.