Chapter 4

I silently locked the front door behind me and set my keys on the small table near the door. I took my jacket off wincing as the floor creaked under me. I waited and didn't hear anything making me continue to take my shoes off. I bent down untying my shoes when I heard laughter coming from the back of the house. I heard the door open and close as the laughter grew.

"Shit!" I whispered and I ripped Jack's sunglasses off of my head and bolted for my room.

"Rose! Get back here! I know you are home!" I heard my mom yell but I was already in my room with the door closed and locked. I quickly changed into a sweatshirt and a pair of leggings trying to get out of the clothes I was wearing yesterday. I heard my mom trying to opened the door but I blocked her out and wiped the makeup from under my eyes, not wanting to look dead. I undid my braid and quickly put my hair into a messy bun my head pounding throughout the whole process. I looked at myself in the mirror and tried to assure myself that I didn't look drunk. I let out a sigh of relief until I realized how bad I reeked of beer.

I quickly shoved gum into my mouth and sprayed myself with so much perfume that I probably could get away without taking a shower for the next year.

But that's disgusting.

"Rosanne Mae Edwards, open this door!" I opened the door to be greeted by my angry mother who stood her green eyes filled with anger.

"Yes, mom?" I asked smiling slightly at her her angry expression amusing me.

"We have company, please go say hello." She said through gritted teeth and I just rolled my eyes and walked out of my room. I walked down the hall and into the kitchen where I grabbed an apple my stomach grumbling.

"Lori, this is my daughter, Rose." I turned around the apple in my mouth as my eyes widened and I stared at the lady, Lori, who stood in front of me with her son.

"Hi, Rose, this is my son, Sam." She said and I just waved at Sam not knowing what to say. He just smirked at me obviously amused with the whole situation.

"I have to go." I said swallowing my apple as I glared at Sam not wanting anything to do with him and his family.

"Rose, you just got home." My mom protested and I just looked at her my eyes narrowing.

"I have to take a shower, I feel dirty." I lied knowing that I wasn't going to take a shower even though I did feel dirty.

"Rosanne Edwards, did you have sex last night? Is that why you didn't come home?" She asked and I just laughed as Sam and Lori awkwardly stood listening.

"Yeah, mom, I did. I had sex with a 16 year-old boy and we both really enjoyed it. Jack filmed it for us, wanna see?" I asked sarcasm dripping off of my words as she just shook her head and let out an exhausted sigh.

"Go, Rose." She said defeated and I smirked happily walking back to my room where I closed and locked the door behind me. I laid down on my bed and grabbed my phone as I started to scroll through my Instagram, which was mainly fan accounts. A text popped up at the top of my phone from an unknown number confusing me. I tapped on it and read over the message worry forming in my eyes.

Meet me in the park at the corner of Oak and Ridge street if you know what's good for you. 

I felt my heartbeat quicken out of fear. I licked my lips nervously before I started to chew on my bottom lip. I quickly started typing sending back the question on the top of my mind.

Who is this?

I instantly got a response chills all over my body.

You won't ask questions if you know what's good for you baby girl