New friendships

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Your lady?" Elize asked, confused. What was behind this sudden change of heart? For all she knew, the man hated her more than anyone else, Elize thought as she watched the man in front of her, who kept his head low.

"I-" he paused for a while and looked up. A look of embarrassment was plastered on his face as he continued, "I'm sorry for misunderstanding you. Thank you for saving our Alpha."

"I didn't do it for you." Elize replied with a smirk on her face.

"Boo! Give the man the benefit of doubt!" Agatha said, butting in.

Elize shot her a look of warning. She didn't want her to interfere in this. The man had always been mean to her. Why should she forgive him?

"I- I will prove my loyalty to you through my actions. You don't have to trust me yet. My life is at your hands from today Luna." Mikail said desperately.

"Luna? I'm not-"

"Get up Mikail. Your Luna will forgive you." Zack interrupted before Elize finished her sentence.

"Fine." Elize said, rolling her eyes, "But I'm watching you." She said, narrowing her eyes.

Mikail stood up, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Drama queen." Nina said, pushing his shoulder.

Mikail looked taken aback at first, but quickly recovered.

Elize chuckled seeing them.

"Just what exactly happened while I was unconscious?" She asked, turning towards her mate.

"Not much." Zack said, as he stood up. He then extended a hand towards her with a smile.

Elize grabbed on to his hand and raised herself up. As soon as she stood, she felt dizzy and her body swayed. Many hands reached out to steady her, but Zack quickly pulled her into his arms before any of them made contact with her body possessively.

"Steady there." Zack cooed as he held her close.

Elize nodded, holding on to him. The warmth that radiated off of him, slowly calmed her. She looked up and smiled at him, regaining her balance.

"What would I do without you?" She asked.

"We wouldn't know, because I'll always be with you." Zack replied with a blindingly beautiful smile. Her heart skipped a beat seeing the slight arch of his lips.

"Smooth talker." She accused, pursing her lips.

The sound of the Alpha's laughter lightened the mood in the clearing. Elize looked around her and saw many friendly smiles. People from the pack who displayed animosity towards her earlier, came forward one by one and bowed slightly in front of the couple, paying their respects to the witch who they now recognized as their Luna. A feeling of contentment filled Elize, seeing all the love she was receiving.

--------------------------------------------------------

It was early morning when they reached back to the pack house. Soft rays of the sun illuminated a group of people which consisted of witches and werewolves as they entered the premises of the pack house. When Zack's Rover took a turn towards the parking lot, this group was already standing in the front yard of the pack house, talking in groups and laughing loudly.

"I hope it stays like this." Elize said, looking at the gathering.

Zack turned off the ignition and leaned towards his mate. Elize eagerly leaned in and planted a short kiss on his lips.

"As long as you stay by my side, I'm sure that we can fix everything baby." Zack said, caressing the side of her face.

Elize closed her eyes and enjoyed the feeling of his warmth on her skin. Suddenly there was a knock on the window. Elize sighed, and slowly detached herself from Zack, irritation clearly written on her face. Zack chuckled seeing her reaction.

"Yes Agatha?" Elize asked, lowering the window.

"I'm sorry to disturb your moment but we have a situation." Agatha said with an awkward smile, pointing to the entrance of the building. Aileen was standing there with her hands tied over her chest along with Meiling. Disappointment was written all over their faces. A few women stood around them, peeking at the direction of Zack's Rover.

"Great." Elize rolled her eyes as she quickly opened the door.

Agatha moved forward to stand next to her as Elize got off the car. Zack followed suit and swiftly came to stand on her other side. He took her hand and squeezed it a bit.

"It's going to be okay. We can do this." He whispered into her ears.

Elize nodded, putting on a fake smile.

"Children," Meiling's voice resounded in the quiet front yard, "grandfather is waiting for you in the study."