But Elize understood it nonetheless. Of course! She had put a spell on him the other day. Is he having a fever because of it? She felt guilty all of a sudden.

"No she won't be coming." Zack said, interrupting her thought process.

"But-" Nina protested.

"I can't take risks. I won't let her out of my sight. What if-"

"Then you can just come with me there." Elize said, interrupting her mate.

Zack glared at her. Without reacting to that, she stepped out of the room and took Nina's hand.

"Take me there." Elize said.

Nina gave her a weak smile and walked towards the stairs. Zack followed the two women grudgingly, unable to say anything. Seeing their Alpha with them, the guards gave way to the women to descend the steps to the second floor. Soon they were in front of one of the various guest rooms in the wing. A crowd of women were gathered inside around a bed. Seeing Elize walk inside, they sneered at her but seeing the Beta's daughter holding her hands their expressions turned to that of surprise .

Elize shrank back under their murderous glares, suddenly feeling very much aware of her shabby attire.

"It's okay, they won't bite." Nina whispered to her reassuringly.

Elize doubted that. But she nodded her head in reply.

"Why did you bring the child here?" A strong powerful voice asked from the direction of the bed. Elize peeped at the direction and saw Zack's mother sitting beside an unconscious Brandt.

Nina replied, "She can heal-"

"Witch!" "She poisoned him!" "Evil!" Loud whispers filled the room before Nina finished her sentence.

"Silence!" Zack's mother shouted, suddenly quieting down the commotion. She then turned her attention towards Elize.

Elize suddenly wished that she could teleport then. The weird part was, she didn't know how to.

The woman kept her eyes on her and said, "She's just a new born. She cannot-"

"I can try." Elize murmured in a low voice.

"What?" Zack's mother asked, surprised.

"I can try." Elize mumbled again, not wanting to offend the woman.

"Speak up child! Are you saying that you want to try?" The woman asked, an amused look on her face. Now she knew where Zack got his scary expressions from.

Elize stepped forward, straightening her head. She took a deep breath and said, "Yes mam, I would like to try. I have healed someone before. So I think I can do it again."

Suddenly she broke out in a laugh. The women in the room looked at their former Luna confused. Elize on the other hand found it a bit scary.

"Mother." Zack said, stepping inside the room.

"Hello son." She replied, managing to tone down her laughter.

"I think you should give her a chance." He said, coming to stand behind his mate.

Meiling smiled at her son, and then directed it towards Elize. Raising her right hand she motioned for her to come closer.

Elize slowly moved forward, dreading every step she took. As soon as she came close to her, Meiling reached out and took hold of her hand. Still smiling, she asked, "Are you sure that you want to do it or is it because little miss bad temper forced you to it?"

Elize smiled awkwardly at the woman in front of her. She didn't know if the woman really liked her or was testing her.

"I came as soon as I knew of it. I'm here on my own will." She replied nervously.