Chapter Twenty-Eight

Amberlys POV

Me and Katie had a great time together. We talked about Adam when he was young. We worked and she showed me how Adam likes his clothes folded. Then we sat down and watched some TV. She said that she had to get home to her grandson before noon, and that was about two hours ago. I walked up to the over to my living room and picked out a book and walked back down stairs. I opened my book and started reading.

I heard the door open and close. I looked up from my book and saw Adam walking in with his back to me. "Adam." I said getting up and walking towards him.

"Yeah?" He said walking up the stairs.

I looked over at the clock and noticed it is after ten. I set my book down and followed Adam to the bedroom. I looked in and saw the light on in the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom and saw Adam leaning down going through the cabinets. I walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He jumped and turned around. I gasped when I saw his face. He had a black eye, busted lip, blood stained noise, bruised cheek. He looked like he just now survived the zombie apocalypse. "A-Adam what happened to your face?" I looked him up and down noticing that his jeans are ripped, and his shirt has a blood stain right on the left side.

"It's nothing." He said walking back into the bedroom.

"Obviously it's something if you have blood on the side of your face." I rolled my eyes and got the first aid kit. "Sit." I told him pointing towards the bed.

"Yes mother." He said taking his shirt off and sitting on the bed. He had four bruises on his chest.

I walked over to him and started cleaning his face. "Well who ever it was that made you look like this I hope you bet the shit out of him." I said wiping the blood off right below his nose.

He chucked before grabbing his side in pain. "Yeah. You think I look bad you should see them."

"Them?" I asked looking up at him for a brief second before cleaning his knuckles.

He winced in pain before nodding his head. "Yeah, do you think that one guy could really make me look this bad?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, I've never seen you fight." I turned his head to the side making sure I cleaned his face good.

"Well it takes more than just one guy to make me look like this." He said moving back so he was resting on the head board.

"Are you going to tell me who it was?" I said taking the first aid kit back into the bathroom and washing my hands.

"Might as well or else you are going to bug me until I do." He rolled his eyes and patted the seat beside him. I walked over to him and laid on my stomach facing him. He looked me up and down and swallowed. "Remember when I told you I had a friend who could trace the call?" I nodded my head. "Well he did and I went to meet up with him so we could go confront that guy. Well we met up and we followed the address that the phone number gave us, it led us to a old warehouse. Well lets just say somehow the guy found out that we were coming and he was ready for us. He had four guys with him they jumped us but we did not go down with out a fight."

"Wait did you see what the guy looked like?"

"Yes. He had blond hair, I think he had green eyes. He was built I would say mostly steroids."

"That's Hank." I said getting up and sitting on the side of the bed.

Adam moved over towards me and pulled me into a hug. I leaned back on to him until I heard him hiss out in pain. I got out of his grip and turned around. "Lay down you need to rest." He rolled his eyes but did as I said. He started humming that song again that he was humming the other night. "Adam what is the name is that song?"