"Thank you. I appreciate your help - really" you say sincerely, hoping he's ready to move past everything and start over.

He simply nods curtly, eyes meeting yours and holding them there for a beat too long. Your breath catches in your throat, an unfamiliar feeling bubbling up in your chest. Just when you start to feel yourself sinking into those black depths, an arm slings across your shoulders, tearing you away as you turn your head to see who the owner of the arm is. "Your office is great, y/n-sshi! I love how you've decorated it. It seems so homey already!" Jimin's cheerful voice rings out.

You look again at Jungkook, and catch his eyes lingering on Jimin's arm wrapped around your shoulders. Noticing your eyes on him, Jungkook quickly turns away, towards the door, and you're left bewildered, wondering if you imagined the look in his eyes and the slight hint of pink across the top of his cheeks. What in the world was that? What just happened? I thought he hated my guts?

Shoving away your racing thoughts, you turn your attention momentarily to Jimin, still smiling widely with his arm wrapped around you.

"Thank you! I was hoping you all would like it" you smile at the blonde-haired man, wrapping your arm around his waist.

"Jiminie, stop flirting already and lets go get some lunch" Jin says, poking your blonde companion playfully, who simply laughs and steers you towards the door. The rest of the boys follow, laughing and joking with each other as they file back out through your office door.

Jungkook leads the way, guiding your group back towards the break room you were in before. You watch him, noticing the expanse of his strong shoulders, curving down towards his narrow hips, taking in the length of his legs as he strides forward confidently. The slight swish of his ebony hair. Despite his loose-fitting clothes, you can see how well-built he is, toned muscles tightening and loosening as he walks.

How can this boy who looks like a man act so childlike? You think, slightly irritated and extremely confused by his contradictory behavior.

You're pulled from your thoughts by Taehyung, coming up beside you and looping his arm through yours.

"Y/n-sshi, where is Mi Young-sshi? Is she meeting us in the break room?" He asks, trying not-so-subtly to be casual.

"No, she has practice actually. It was super last minute, and she's so sad to miss lunch with you all" you reply, quickly looking to see his reaction to the news.

"Oh, that's too bad" he frowns slightly, but tries to maintain his casual demeanor. You smile to yourself, hoping that you're right about what you believe to be happening.

You and the boys continue talking and laughing as you walk. Passing one of the many different rooms lining the hallway, no one notices the red warning flashing across the news on the tv inside the room.

***

Time flies as you all talk away, eating and laughing. There is never a dull moment, and the conversation never lulls. You are somehow totally at ease with these men who feel like brothers. They even asked you to speak casually to them, insisting you don't need to worry about honorifics.

Hours pass, and you ultimately ended up grabbing your computer to work from the break room, not wanting to miss a moment with these men. The sun sinks, painting the room golden. Still, the conversation flows, even when the moon takes over, the stars peeking out in the night sky.

Hoseok is in the middle of telling a story about the time Yoongi, who looks very displeased by the fact that he is being exposed like this, built a fort with him, when everyone's phones begin vibrating incessantly all at once. You all look at each other, confusion etched on each face. Pulling out your phone, you see some sort of emergency alert flashing across the screen.

"What is this? An emergency alert, but it doesn't say what the emergency is?" Jin says, looking over Namjoon's shoulder to see if his phone shows the same thing.

"It just says to take shelter immediately, and to not go outside." Taehyung looks up from his phone, the apprehension clear in his voice.

"Surely its just some sort of drill. Like they're testing the alert system or something. Right?" Hoseok looks around nervously.

"I'm sure its nothing. You're right, they're probably just testing the system." Namjoon says calmly, standing as he does so. "Just to be sure, lets go in the hall and see if anyone else has any more information. Seriously, I'm sure everything is fine."

You all glance at each other briefly before standing, following Namjoon out into the hall.

The hallway is completely deserted. Only silence rings out, as if the whole world was holding its breath. The tension is palpable, invading every bone in your body. You feel a sense of unease creep its way in, filling you with dread. You look at the boys, and see your own fear mirrored in their eyes. Something is very wrong.

"Guys...I don't think this is a drill" you half-whisper.

Suddenly, the power goes out, and you are plunged into darkness.

A/N
I knew I wouldn't be able to wait till Friday. Here we go...

 Here we go