𝙳𝚘𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛

(An AU where the Whammy Boyos became qualified medical professionals)

"Hey Matt!"
A young woman called to the red haired man who sat behind the desk of the hospital. With one hand pressed firmly to her side, she sauntered past the receptionist who had his focus on the game console in hand rather than his friend who had entered the building.

"Hey Y/n,"
He nodded in a feeble attempt to show some attention to the female.
"What are you in for this time?"

She gave him a crooked grin despite the fact that Matt wasn't looking in her direction at all.

"I got shot"

Matt nodded with a hum, absentmindedly replying whilst his fingers worked away at the buttons on the console.
"Oh, cool, Near is in the usua-"
He paused for a moment and tore his gaze away from the game to see  stumbling past the desk, one hand pressed tightly against the wound which was on the left side of her body, blood seeping from underneath your hand and from inbetween your fingers.

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"

It was only then did Matt notice the way that the patience who were waiting had become silent, struck by horror as they watched the lady in front of them becoming paler by the minute as blood seeped out of her wound

"Shit what do I do?"

Y/n rolled her eyes as she watched her friend panic and rise from his place behind the desk, dropping the games console onto the floor with a loud clatter as he snatched the phone off his desk and hurriedly pressed some numbers into it.
"Jeez Mattie, I don't know? You're the one who graduated med school early, you tell me what you're supposed to do."

Matt glared at her as he put the phone down, walking towards her and placing his hands on her shoulders as he steered her towards a stretcher which was usually available in the area.
"Let's get you to the emergency room, pronto."

Y/n bit back a laugh and stood up, waving the red head off.
"I can escort myself Mattie, get your ass back into your seat."
She walked towards the double doors at the end of the corridor, ignoring the yells of worry from Matt behind her, begging her to sit down or lay down on something.

"I'll be fi-"
A wave of nausea overcame her senses, and the gaping wound in her side started to pulse a lot more painfully than before. Y/n blinked slowly, feeling the edges of her vision blurring as she touched the handle of the door, staining the silver with crimson, and before she knew it, darkness replaced her vision.

Matt shrieked, and the door opened, revealing Near with a stethoscope around his neck and a clipboard in hand, noticing the door wasn't opening properly, he furrowed his expression slightly and put a little more force into opening the door. Expression falling once more, Nate looked straight over at Matt, raising a brow at the terrified expression his friend and fellow coworker had on his face.

"Matt, why is the door not opening properly? And why do you have that expression on your face."

Matt pointed to the floor, and Nate's gaze followed.

"I see...pick her up and put her onto a bed, wheel her to the emergency room now, we need to put her on blood."

__________

"Fuck me, ugh, what the fuck"

Y/n groaned as she came to, several hours later. The darkness disappeared and though her vision was still blurry, her skin started to prick as her nerves picked up on everything around her. From the scent of antibacterial sanitizer, to the crisp and uncomfortable paper-like bedsheets on the bed she was laying on. The faint beep of the ECG next to her became clearer as the minutes passed, and once she was coherent enough to think, Y/n coughed as she felt how dry her throat currently was.