4.1 - Series Of Events

Start from the beginning

Calum and Ashton collapse onto the couch on either side of me as my heart beats out of my chest, listening to the conversation Luke is having at the door.

"Koleton! What a coincidence you're here, we were just-" Luke attempts to make small talk when the front door slams.

"Where the hell is she?" Koleton angrily walks into the living room, his eyes landing on me. "Get up."

"Koleton, hey..." I stand up, scared of what he'll do to the guys. "Before you do something irrational, I just want you to know how you're my favourite bodyguard."

He walks around the couch as Calum stands up, approaching my side with his fists clenched.

"Margo, do you know how fucking scared I was when I woke up and you were gone?" Koleton hisses as Calum protectively steps between us. "Oh come on, Calum. Stop fucking trying to protect her like she's a child."

"Yeah, because you're one to fucking talk about protecting her. Who allowed her to sneak out in the middle of the night?" Calum snaps back and I grab his arm gently.

"Calum, please don't do this." I whisper, but Koleton steps closer towards the two of us.

"I didn't fucking let her go, but while we're on the topic of letting her go, how about we talk about you leaving her for some bitch named Hailey?" Koleton laughs, causing me to step between them.

"Can the two of you please stop? I don't want you guys getting hurt." I attempt to push them apart and neither of them budge.

"I'm not going to hit him, Margo. I'm not that fucking stupid." Calum states calmly as I watch the scene unfold in front of me. "I can't say the same for this bimbo though."

As soon as Ashton and Luke finally step in, Koleton swings at Calum's head and his arm hits the top of my head.

"Koleton!" I scream, falling to the floor as Calum stumbles backwards. Luke and Ashton grab Koleton and pull him out of the living room as I grab Calum and hold his shoulders with all of my strength. "Calum, Calum don't!"

"Did he hit you? I'm going to fucking kill him!" Calum yells, trying to push past me.

"No! I'm okay, Calum! Look at me, I'm okay! Calum please!" My cries finally get him to look down at me, his expression immediately softening. "Please, let me take you upstairs and treat the place that he hit you before it gets bad."

He eventually nods and places his hand into mine, allowing me to lead him up the stairs. I walk into the bathroom and grab the first aid kit from under the sink as he closes the bathroom door. "Close the toilet seat and sit down please."

He does exactly what I ask him to, without argument or hesitation. "Thank you."

I run warm water over a rag, turning off the water before ringing it out and stepping towards him. I nudge his legs apart gently and he allows me to stand between them and begin dabbing the blood away from the wound.

"Did you get burnt?" He asks quietly and I shake my head, chewing on the inside of my lip.

"You should've called me." He whispers and I try not to react. "I would've been able to help more than Ashton."

"I know, but I didn't think we were on good terms." I whisper and he tilts his head farther up to get a better look at me.

"Even if we are on the other side of the world from each other, fighting about who is in the wrong, if you're hurt I'll catch the first flight to come help you." He reassures me, rubbing my thigh gently.