Starcourt Mall

You sit in the Byers car with Lucas, Mike and El. Joyce was driving. Max, Will and Dustin were in Mrs Wheelers car.

You stare out along the vast country roads that lead from the Wheelers house to the town.

You watch the street lamps pass by in a satisfying motion. And people walking there dogs or going out for a run, or just walking for no reason.

You smile and wave out the window.

Joyce, looked back at you, and you look at her.

"What?" You ask, it was probably a bit rude.

"Nothing dear it was just I knew someone just like you" she says.

"Okay..."

Mike and El were chattering away and Lucas was talking to Joyce at in the front.

You loved El like a sister but seeing her with Mike made you sick inside, you preferred friendship to love, it was less complicated.

Suddenly the car screeches to a halt and you are dropped off outside a massive mall.

The sky was dark since it was 6 o'clock ish. You look over to Dustin, Will and Max who had just gotten out of the Wheeler car. Max waves at you, Lucas,Mike and El. You wave back.

Lucas walks in front of you and goes to Max. They were a nice couple. Will and Dustin stand still though. You wonder why they hadn't had girlfriends. Maybe it was because they were gay... or maybe they did have girlfriends,they just didn't live near.

You all form a group as you walk through the car park and into the mall.

As you walk in you are blinded by lights but when your eyes finally adjust you can see everything.

The different shops were unique and intriguing, the central fountain was crowded with nine-year-olds who were finally allowed out on their own, the ice cream shop was filled with teenage girls.

You can see the party was nervous walking around here, especially Max, you understood though, it must've brought back some tough memories.

The only person who seemed unfazed by the mall's reopening and redecorating was Dustin who clearly wasn't there when the battle of starcourt took place.

As you walked past the fountain you notice Lucas staring at one of the nine year olds covered in my little pony merchandise.

"Erica?" Lucas says.

"Lucas?" The girl whom you guessed was Erica said.

"Why are you here it's like 8 o clock!" He says.

"No dum'ass it's 5:21"

"Well if mum and da-"

Max cut him off, "Come on Lucas!!"

She drags him along towards Scoops Ahoy.

You glance at the clock on the wall, it was the time Erica said which meant you will probably end up missing the adverts. It didn't matter though.

Dustin dings the shop bell..

*ding*

The doors slide open.

"Henderson, good to see you" A strange boy says whilst peeking his head through the window.

Dustin motions towards the door that said 'emergency exit'

The strange boy who you guessed was Steve rolled his eyes but then buzzed open the door.

"Remember if you tell anyone.."

"We're dead!" The whole party replies as they rush along the corridor before Steve changes his mind.