7. Confrontation

Depuis le début

"I'm driving", she called out as they both got into the car driving home. Siddharth was silent throughout the ride, he was cautious around her mood. He could hear her low curses, at the slow drivers in front of her.

One thing he managed to learn about her, is that her rage got the best of her. Plus she wasn't the only one feeling betrayed by her mom, he was too.

"Why are you so quiet?", she glared at him. He was usually the chatty one, so for some reason, it made her feel uneasy to see him sitting there like an obedient child.

"What, you think I have a dying wish? Who knows, you might crash the car and kill us both if I say something"

"Again .. you're not funny Siddharth".

"Oh I see, you like hearing my voice", he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Pfft you wish", she scoffed.

They both arrived at the penthouse, and Roshni stormed out of the car, slamming the door shut. She had that death look.

Siddharth on the other hand, walked out with his hands in his pocket, like it didn't effect him.

"How can you be so calm?", she eyed him up and down.

"Mostly every brown parents these days, think 'marriage' is the definition of happiness for their kids, so this doesn't surprise me at all."

"Aren't you the least bit annoyed that our parents were so sneaky about it?"

"Of course I am Roshni, but I'm choosing to stay calm. What's being angry going to do? It's only going to make it worse"

She hated to admit, he was right. But all these emotions she has suppressed in months, tend to come out in the most unhealthy ways. Meaning, whether Siddharth was calm or not, today her mom would face her bad side.

After all, how could she lie to her? Fake all those numbers... just to get her to be with someone else.

"Mom!", she desperately disturbed the two mothers who were sitting down and discussing what could be the reason, SidNi called them.

"Ah yes Roshni, we were just talking about you two. Come in Siddharth", she gave Siddharth a mini hug.

Simran saw a menacing type of calmness in Siddharth, as he rolled his hand into a fist and breathed out heavily, unleashing his hands back freely.

"How could you do this mom?", he shook his head in denial at her.

"Do what beta?".

Roshni only scowled at her mom, and DD knew a storm was awaiting. "What's going on? Why do you both look like you've just seen a ghost?", she patted her shoulder.

"We found the red file. You guys can stop lying to us now", she tensed her jaws.

Simran and DD gave each other an anguish look realising they left the real file at the desk yesterday and proceeded to explain to both of them, why they had done it.

"We can explain..", DD started.

"Explain what? I thought you changed mom, but like every single time you have this need to overpower my life, to make my decisions. What the hell was the need for this?"

"I just wanted you to be happy", she felt dejected.

"So you thought, having a boyfriend would make me happy? Is my career not enough for you? Am I not enough for you", she lowered her voice at the end, but everyone seemed to hear it anyway.

Her mom knew where this was going, the pain in Roshni's eyes, yelled for help and reassurance but her body language screamed otherwise. A hint of the same betrayal flashed in front of her eyes.