7. Confrontation

"Do you know anything about this?", she carefully questioned Siddharth who stood clueless.

"What! Of course not"

"God, now it finally makes sense, why you were so interested in getting to know me on our first meeting."

Siddharth itched his forehead, what was she implying?

"What do you mean?"

"Because my mom tried to set you up with me!!", she stated the obvious.

Siddharth gave her a horrified look, "The hell?"

She saw how he was as freaked out as her, his face indicated, he didn't know what the hell was going on.

"Wait... so you really didn't know about all this?"

"A part of what? I don't even know what you're talking about?", he leaned against the door frame trying to make sense of her words.

"I think..my mom forced this partnership to make us try and date", she put out awkwardly.

His face turned blank, "You're telling me that, this whole partnership is based on some condition that we'll end up together?"

Roshni moved her head in affirmation.

"I figured maybe that's why you were trying to get to know me..and why you were being so annoying and persistent"

It took a while for Siddharth to process, what Roshni was trying to say and when he did, he got the urge to burst into laughter. How did she think, that he was hitting on her?

"Crap I can't believe you thought I was trying to date you. That's why you got so defensive when we first met.", he chuckled.

"Have you ever even been on a date? Don't you think it would be obvious if I was trying to go out with you? Like, you're not even my type, no offence. I mean, you're beautiful and all but your personality..."

"What's wrong with my personality?", she snapped hard.

"Ummm", he knew he touched a delicate topic.

"Nothing, it's just not for me."

"Yeah...and did I ask? I'm not dying to date you either. She could've at least chose a decent one, out of all the guys in the world, she found you"

"Ouch", he feigned being hurt.

"I don't even want to get married"

"Alas, one thing we have in common", he cheered. Siddharth wasn't the type to have a lot of girlfriends or even commit, for that matter. He was potrayed as a womanizer in the media, but he could never.

"Now that we've established that this will never happen. Let's go talk to our parents, shall we?"

"Oh no, my mom probably knew about this too, didn't she", he face palmed himself.

"What do you think? They were high school best friends. Who knows what they're up to"

"Either way, this partnership is already done so we can't go back. We'll just have to deal with it"

Roshni stayed at her desk, she did feel betrayed. Her mom might have had good intentions, but she could've been more open about it. What was this bullshit of settling down?

She had made it clear, she didn't want to do any such thing. She didn't need to be bound to any man, just to end up getting hurt again. Why do all the people in her life, lie to her?

She rubbed her head repeatedly.

"Look... don't worry we'll sort it out later".

"Not later, now!!", she rushed out of the office along with Siddharth calling his mom to meet them at Roshni's house.