3. The Merge

She went back to studying her files, and answering business related calls, she couldn't help but think about him.

The meeting was one of the most awkward she'd had. She felt challenged, why?

After a long time, she felt frustrated at someone else rather than herself. It worried her, was she really going to let someone have that power over her?

She worked too hard to not give a damn about anyone else other than her or her mom. Then why wasn't she able to get him out of her head?

He captured her attention, the minute she met him. Even the way he sat, stood, said a lot about him. He appeared to be too laid back for her liking.

She consumed the cold icy water on her desk, making her insides relax. There was something about him, that yelled 'bad news' in all sorts of ways.

Was it because he made her feel something after a long time? And thats something she couldn't quite digest.

She took a small recess from her work, and pondered over the company. Her company had been in financial danger for the past month. Their sales were decreasing, their net value figure wasn't looking too good either.

She needed his company, her mom was the one who gave her the idea to merge their companies. But she didn't know the most efficient businessman in London would be such a pain.

After a while of tiring her brain with the details, her phone rang.

"Hi mom", she greeted.

"Hey sweetheart, I was calling to ask, did you finally meet Mr.Khurana?", her mom sounded impatient.

Roshni got the sudden urge to punch something. As if thinking about him wasn't enough, now talking about him too.

"Yes, and it's good you called me. He's such a headache mom, I don't think it'll be a good idea for our companies to merge. He doesn't look like he's able for it"

After a few seconds of silence, her mom spoke, "Did he reject you?"

"No, it's not like that. He's just, I don't know...annoying", she muttered the last part.

"Oh come on Roshni, since when do you base deals on that? Doesn't matter what type of person he is. It's his company that matters"

She knew her mom was right, but it still irked her. "I know and that's why I told him I'd sent him the paperwork tomorrow, but I just thought of warning you"

"Good, and what's there to warn me about? Siddharth is a pleasure to talk to, frankly I dont get why you find him so annoying."

Roshni gasped, "Wait a second...you know him? Why didn't you tell me? God, mom you could've just done the meeting yourself then, I wouldn't have to deal with him...Wait, how do you know him? You've never mentioned him before."

"Calm down, no need to be so dramatic. I know him because, his mom and me used to be good friends. Simran..ahhh I still remember our school days. The good times. I ran into her a couple of times recently and her son. That's how we met. He's such a good boy, so lively."

Roshni rolled her eyes.

"And as for why I didn't do the meeting myself, everyone knows by now you'll soon be the owner of DD jewellers, it wouldn't look good if I was the one who did it, now would it?"

"I guess so.", she sighed.

"Okay I gotta go, I have to go somewhere. Oh and please don't let this deal slip away just because of your childish tantrums. You can't judge someone quick like this."