5. Raindrops

They both emerged from the mansion, the vicious wind hit their faces making them shiver. A sense of relaxation swept over Roshni, she knew it was about to rain.

Her favourite weather. One part of her that remained intact.

The skies were getting darker, a blueish red kind of colour.

Siddharth on the other hand, felt a drop of water fall on his hands, and he relished in it. Looking at Roshni, he asked "do you want my jacket?"

"No. I'm okay", her tone was delicate.

They left the entrance of his mansion to be met with the red beeping lights from the cars. It was the only light given from the windy night.

Siddharth was grateful, he had offered to walk her home. He didn't know why, but talking to her felt like a mystery. A mystery perhaps he wanted to unravel.

They couldn't drive since they both had alcohol in their systems. It wouldn't be safe.

She began to sense the persistent rain getting heavier, making her insides flutter.

He eyed her, seeing a change of emotions on her face. Ever since their first meeting, he realised how her eyes had a different story to tell than her actual words.

It was as if, she forgot he was there. She was just lost in herself. She brought out her hands, feeling the wetness hit.

Roshni often loved to walk through the rain by herself, it was the only part of her she managed to keep intact. It was her thing, no one else's.

Now that Siddharth was beside her, a part of her felt vulnerable.

He brushed his hands through his wet hair, walking right beside her. They were both quiet for some time, but a comfortable silence.

He smiled, gazing up at the flushed skies, making Roshni further realise his presence.

"What?", she tensed her eyebrows.

"Look up", he pointed sharply at a bright light forming in the skies.

Roshni followed his direction and saw a white, yellowish star in the sky. It was safe to say she was flustered. Seeing stars were rare in London, how could one appear now? She hadn't seen one since she was in India visiting her cousin.

A tingle reached her lips, almost making her smile. "It's beautiful", she whispered.

Her efforts to hide her undying smile didn't go unnoticed by Siddharth.

"It's not a crime to smile, you know"

She was taken aback by his words. How did he know she was hiding her smile?

"I know, I just don't want to.", she rolled her eyes.

The truth was, she was scared. Scared that her smile would be snatched away, the minute she let herself feel something.

Would she be able to deal with it this time?

"Why are you being so nice to me?", she jumped again.

"For your information Ms.Patel I am always nice."

"Yeah right, and that day at the office? Who was that? Your twin?.... And I've told you already it's not Ms.Patel, It's Roshni.", she sassed.

He chuckled lightly, "I can't believe you're saying that. You're the one who always starts it"

"I don't start anything. You're just annoying"

"See there it comes again"

"What?"