4. Party Night

An extra update this week, since I wanted to post something for Valentine's anyway

*

"That's enough, both of you! We're here for one of the most important deals and you two are behaving like this? Grow up seriously", DD scolded furiously.

"I can't believe this is the future of our companies", Simran put out in disbelief.

Roshni scowled at Siddharth who rolled his eyes in unison.

"Why are you looking at me like that? It was your fault", he bursted out.

"My fault? You're the one who didn't stop when I told you to"

"Why should I listen to you? You're not my mom"

"Actually I feel sorry for your mom. She had to raise you"

Siddharth clenched his teeth, 'what did I ever do to have to deal with this', he wondered.

"Here we go again", Simran and DD groaned at each other.

They shoved the contract into SidNi's hands pressuring them to sign it and get it over with.

"Now listen carefully both of you, in the evening, we're going to officially announce the merge. The party will be at the Khurana's at 8, and the media will also be there. I want you to be on your best behaviour. I don't care, if you have to pretend, you two are partners now. Behave like it. Okay?", DD ordered.

Siddharth and Roshni nodded at her. She was not looking forward to spending an entire evening with him, and posing to be friends.

"Don't just nod. Promise me you'll behave!", DD urged Roshni.

"Fine", she clenched her teeth.

"And you Siddharth?", Simran demanded

"Yeah yeah. Why are you talking to us like we're 5 year olds who is going to some relative's house"

"Because you two behave like one", their mothers cheekily answered.

And with that Simran and Siddharth left to prepare everything for the party. It seemed like the best idea to have it there, since the Khurana's were better known by everyone. Therefore increasing the number of people showing.

Khurana's Residence

Roshni set her foot down the lavish car, eyeing the mansion in front of her. There were dimmed golden lights surrounding the entrance, welcoming guests in.

The media was already there, capturing her beautiful figure. It was safe to say, she looked gorgeous, in her maroon sequin dress that sparkled her whole self.

It reached just above her knees, with a slit down her thighs revealing her toned flawless legs. Her wavy, black shiny hair reached her shoulders. She came to a halt, as she curved her magenta lined lips, and smiled at the cameras that surrounded her.

It was crucially important to maintain her image, but she couldn't say she didn't enjoy it.

She stranded her 5 heels, in style. Everyone's eyes remained glued to her, including the women who whispered compliments about her.

On her neck, she wore one of her famous jewellery line, a silver necklace that matched the sparkles on her dress. Many men came up to her, offering to escort her inside the party.

She glared at them, indicating she needed no one. She was her own person, she could well handle it. And right in that moment, she realised how powerful it felt, to be seen as a proper businesswoman.