Daddy's Princess

"Austin"

Austin has been on tour for a few months while you stayed at home with your 3 year old daughter Delilah. You and Delilah have gone to a couple shows to see Austin but it's been a while and you both miss him a lot.

You're sitting at the table eating dinner with Delilah. Well she's actually wearing her dinner more than eating it, she has pizza all over her shirt.

"So Lilah, did you have fun at daycare today?" You ask. She just nods her head with a sad look on her face. "Sweetie, what's the matter?"

"Daddy hates us." She blurts out. You look at her with a shocked expression.

"Why would you say that? You know daddy loves both of us so much." You tell her.

"Why did he weave den?" she asks in an angry tone. "He doesn't wuv us." she continues.

"Lilah, you know daddy is working. Don't you remember we saw him sing a couple weeks ago?" You explain.

"Daddy is always working. He never pways wiff me anymore." You let out a sigh. She was right, Austin been working a lot. After spending months working on his album he finally finished but now he's touring. He hasn't really had much time to spend with the family and it's been making you upset and apparently Delilah too.

"Baby, I know daddy has been gone a lot but that's just a part of his job. You know when mommy has to work so you stay with daddy? Now it's daddy's turn." You say trying to calm her down.

"But you talk to us more when you work. Daddy doesn't. He hates us." she says with tears forming in her eyes. She was right again. Austin hasn't skyped or called you in a couple of days, far different from when you're away and you try to call or Skype every night. You get up from your seat, bend down to Delilah's height, and wrap your arms around her squeezing tightly.

"Baby, you just miss him and you're mad. He doesn't hate us, I promise." You say while wiping her tears.

"You're lying mommy." Delilah gets up and running to her room. You let out a sigh and just as you're about to follow her, your phone begins to buzz. You take it out and see Austin is calling you. You quickly answer.

"Hey" you say letting out a sigh.

"Hey baby, what's wrong?" Austin asks with concern in his voice.

"Lilah's just being stubborn, that's all."

"Let me talk to her. See if I can help." Austins says. You walk up to Delilah's room and knock lightly on the door before opening it. You see her sitting on the floor playing with toys. You walk over and bend down beside her. "Sweetie, daddy's on the phone. You wanna talk to him?" You ask. She just looks at you and back to her toys. "Lilah, please."

"No, I don't wanna talk to him. He hates us so I hate him." she yells. You sigh before standing up and walking out of her room. Placing the phone to your ear again.

"She doesn't want to talk right now, sorry babe." You say to Austin hoping he didn't hear what Delilah said. It would break his heart.

"Why does she think I hate her? Why did she say she hates me too? What happened?" Austin worriedly rambles.

"Austin, don't worry. She's just being stubborn. She gets it from you, you know. She'll get over it." You say with a laugh trying to ease Austin's mind.

"What happened before I called you? She seemed pretty mad." He continues.

"She just misses you and she's mad. She told me you hated us because you're never here and you haven't called or anything in a couple of days. In her mind she doesn't understand how busy you are and she must think you don't care or something. I've been trying to explain to her but she's just being Lilah and not listening. It'll be okay, don't worry please." you explain.

Austin lets out a sigh "can you try again to get her to talk to me? I just wanna explain things myself. See if that works." He asks.

"Okay, I'll try but if she doesn't it just means she needs a little time to herself. Don't take it personal okay. I promise she doesn't actually hate you. I can tell by the smile on her face every time she sees you. She's you're little princess." you state while walking back towards Delilah's room. You open the door and peek in seeing her in the same position by her toys.

"Lilah, daddy is still on the phone. He really wants to talk to you. You're hurting his feelings." You say while sitting down next to her. She looks at you for a second before getting up to walk away. You quickly grab her and place her in your lap, wrapping your arms around her so she can't get up. You start to tickle her to try to cheer her up, hoping it distracts her and then she'll talk to Austin. You quickly hear her little laughs and smile to yourself in victory.

"Mommy, stop that tickles!" She shouts in between laughs. You stop but still hold onto her. She looks up to you "are you sure daddy wants to talk to me?" she asks.

"I'm positive." You say with a smile and put the phone on speaker. "Okay, say hi."

"Hi daddy." Delilah says out in a little quiet voice.

"Hey princess, can I have a special talk with you?" Austin says. You let out a chuckle, he and Lilah have had quit a few special talks, Austin acts like she's a grown up. Delilah looks up at you then gets up going to her bed so you can't hear the two of them. The phone is still on speaker though so you just sit and quietly listen.

"Okay, mommy can't hear us anymore." Lilah tells Austin.

Austin lets out a chuckle. "Okay good. Lilah, why did you tell mommy that I hate you?" Austin questions.

"Cause you don't talk to us and you never see us no more. You don't pway wiff me either. I wanna play tea party wiff you and wiff my toys but you not here." Lilah explains.

"I know baby girl and I'm sorry. I wish I could be there to play with you too. Uncle Alex, Zach, and Rob don't like to have tea parties so they're pretty boring." Austin jokes making Delilah smile. "But you know daddy has to work just like mommy. I'm sorry I had a few busy days and couldn't call you. I miss you and mommy so much. You're gonna come see me in a few days okay. Bring some toys and we can have a tea party too. I love you. I could never hate you or mommy. Okay baby girl?" Austin says making sure Lilah understands fully.

"Okay daddy. I'm sowwy. I don't hate you. I miss you. I wuv you too. I'm gonna make Uncle Awex, Rob, and Zach play tea party." Lilah responds letting out a giggle at her last comment. Austin laughs along with her. I let out a laugh that I guess Lilah heard "Mommy you aren't suppose to hear us!"

"Oops sorry baby." You say with a smile.

"Is mommy being bad Lilah?" Austin asks.

"Yeah she was spying on us!" she answers back. Austin lets out a laugh.

"Well I guess I'll have to punish her when you come to visit." Austin says and you can picture the smirk on his face. You shake your head and roll your eyes, while getting up and walking towards Lilah. "She might like it to much though" He continues. Your eyes widen and you quickly grab the phone from Dellah.

"What does daddy mean?" Lilah asks you while you take the phone.

"Daddy's being silly and needs to shut up." You say.

Delilah lets out a gasp "Mommy! Shut up is a bad word!"

"Yeah Mommy. That's not nice, now you're really in trouble." Austin says.

"Lilah tell daddy bye. It's time to take a bath." You say trying to get Austin stop talking. You hear Austin let out a deep chuckle knowing how embarrassed you are.

"Bye daddy! Love you!" she shouts into the phone.

"Bye princess, love you too!" Austin shouts back. You take the phone off speaker and put it up to your ear. "Bye babe, I love and miss you so much. Can't wait to see you in a few days for your punishment." He says to you.

You roll your eyes even though he can't see you. "Whatever. I love you and miss you more. See you soon. Bye babe." You end the conversation hanging up the phone to start getting Delialh ready for bed.