Chapter 24 + Important AN

Start from the beginning

"Hey, is this Santana Lopez?" The person on the other end of the line was male, probably a young man. "This is Timothy Reynolds with Reynolds Law." Santana blinked.

"I, uh, yeah. This is Santana Lopez. Why are you calling me?" She probably shouldn't be giving her name to this random man, but too late now.

"One of your close friends contacted me- I believe her name was Quinn. I'm your attorney for your case against Xavier Lopez." Santana was speechless. Quinn had gotten her an attorney? Well, she was going to need one eventually. 

"Oh!" She paused. "Sorry, it just kind of took me by surprise. So, did you just call to say hi, or...?" She heard Timothy laugh.

"Actually, no. I called to ask if you were available later today. The trial is coming up, so we should do some prepping. Do you have anything to do?"

Santana shook her head, then felt stupid because obviously he couldn't see her. "No, I'm free. Does 4 pm today sound good?" 

"Yep, that's great!" Timothy replied. He gave the adress of the office. "Well, see you later Santana." He hung up. Santana put her phone away, and just then Quinn walked up holding her car keys.

"Hey San!" She greeted. "Who was that on the phone?" Santana hestitated a little. She was a bit annoyed at Quinn for not telling her about contacting Timothy, even though she knew that she had good intentions.

"Why didn't you tell me about getting an attorney?" Quinn blinked in surprise, then looked slightly uncomfortable.

"Can we... get in the car first?" Santana agreed, and after they got in, Quinn started it up. "Okay. So, the reason I didn't tell you was because you wouldn't have let me do it." Santana was confused. What did she mean?

"Uh, why?" Santana asked. Quinn didn't reply for a while. "Come on Quinn, you can tell me." She softened her tone, and lay a hand on Quinn's arm, surprised at how tense she was.

"Well, let's just say that the cost of hiring an attorney of that caliber is pretty expensive," she said carefully. 

Santana narrowed her eyes. "And... where did you get that money?" Quinn took a deep breath.

"When my parents kicked me out, they didn't give me much time to get my stuff. I basically just got my clothes and essentials and got the hell out of there." She laughed bitterly. "But I managed to grab one of the only gifts my dad ever gave me- a pair of diamond earrings." Santana's jaw dropped- diamond? She had known that Quinn's dad was rich, but wow. "I held onto it for a long time, one of the only things that reminded me of my life in that house." Santana knew where this was going. "I sold them to pay for the attorney." 

Santana put her hand on her forehead. "Quinn... you didn't need to do that. We already have a lot of evidence against him, we don't need a fancy attorney." Quinn gripped the wheel tightly. 

"I know that." She intertwined her fingers with Santana's, seeming to relax a little. "I just want do all I can to ensure that he gets proven guilty." She smiled a little. "And well, to be honest, the only reason I kept those earrings was because they reminded me of when someone loved me- well, loved me enough to buy me stupidly expensive jewelry." Quinn chuckled. "Now, I don't have to be reminded of a time when someone loved me- I have someone who loves me right here." She playfully nudged Santana. "I never really liked the look of them anyways."

Santana took Quinn's hand and kissed it. "Well, while I think was still kind of unnecessary, it was sweet that you did it, and I'm not upset." She grew a bit more serious. "But let's try and be completely honest with each other from now on, okay?" Quinn nodded. "Oh, and I told Timothy that I'd see him at 4:00 today." Quinn raised an eyebrow.