𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ━━━ 𝐈

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘿𝙊𝘾𝙆

𝙎𝙐𝙉𝘼

"𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐒," I said, after looking at y/n for a couple of seconds now

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐒," I said, after looking at y/n for a couple of seconds now. She had a certain look on her face, once indicating she was thinking of something very intently. Something that was bothering her peace of mind.

"Hm," She replied without looking back up at me, keeping her gaze on the water in front of us.

"You're doing the face again. What're you thinkin' 'bout?" I furrowed a brow and further studied her face. Her eyes were lost in thought, an empty stare filling them. Her eyebrows were slightly raised and her face emotionless, her usual smile missing. Her face almost seemed vacant.

"Oh um, it's nothing," She finally looked up at me and gave a soft smile, reassuring me that she didn't want to express her worry. Hey i'm not dumb, I know you're lying.

"Just tell me, dummy," I said, slightly leaning towards her.

"Ugh why you gotta press me like that," She groaned then gave me a pout.

"Cuz whenever your face turns stupid like that I know that something's going on in your little pea brain," I brought my finger put to her forehead and flicked it softly, smirking in the process.

"Ey, watch it!" She complained, using one hand to hold her forehead where I flicked her as if it hurt, and the other to lightly hit my shoulder with a punch. I only snickered at her. It's always been fun to tease her and gain an amusing reaction out of her.

She then turned forward again, laying her gaze on the view in front of her, a moment or two of silence ensuing between the two of us. Damn, she really didn't wanna talk did she? Being friends with her for so long had led me to learn a lot about her. One of those things being that if someone was willing to listen to her, she would open up. It's always been like that for the two of us, so getting personal wasn't rare, but it was odd that she had shot down the opportunity firsthand when I asked her. She probably just needs to get used to it again.

"So, what is it?" I asked once again. She stayed quiet for a second, possibly deep in thought. I observed her figure, trying to read her in the meantime. Her legs dangled off the edge of the dock and swung back and forth in a childish manner. Her hands were on both of her sides, gripping the edge of the platform we were sitting on, allowing her to slightly lean forward and glance down at the water. The fingers on one of her hands were fidgeting with one another, trying to pop the knuckles. She was nervous.

"I ate a pop tart that expired in 2014 and I'm debating how many hours of my life there are left," she deadpanned, avoiding eye contact with me. Another lie. 

I've known her long enough to know when she was telling the truth or not. Being childhood friends with her allowed me to read her like an open book. If she was being serious she would have released one of her trademark distressed sighs and looked me in the eyes. This time none of those happened, so something else was bothering her that she refused to tell me. Playing off things as a joke was also a viable option for her towards avoiding the truth, which she chose this time. So you're really holding back huh? I decided to let her off the hook for now and play along.

"Are you stupid?" I laughed, or at least pretended to.

"'Course I am. You should know this by now, bitchboy," She smirked at me and started standing up, grabbing her snickers chocolate milk and taking a swig of it. 

I grumbled under my breath in distaste at the nickname to which I only earned a chuckle from her. She then turned around and started walking down the dock towards the shore. "Oi, where are you going?"

"To get sushi," She said without turning around to face me.

"Holy shit then wait up. I need to be there to record in case you get run over or sum'," I scrambled onto my feet and ran to her side, matching her pace.

"You could've just said that you wanted to spend more time with me," She glanced at me and grinned, already knowing full well that she was teasing me. Ugh, that stupid smirk made me feel weird, what was it?

"Hah, as if," I tried playing it off, feeling a bit of heat rise onto my cheeks. Thing was, that was exactly it. She was completely right and I hated it.

"Whatever you say, piss baby," she faced forward again and waved one of her hands dismissively in my face.

"Call me that one more time and see what happens," I warned, raising an eyebrow in anticipation. She really knew how to press my damn buttons.

"Piss. Baby," she said while looking at me dead in the eyes, a shit-eating grin covering her face. She absolutely knew she had it coming.

I took her head under my arm and used the other one to furiously noogie her. In return, a hearty laugh started bubbling out of her chest, causing something to stir inside of me. It was the same feeling I got every time I made her smile or happy in any sense. I liked how it felt.